project crx.. good buy or not??

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
At my job there is a back parking lot full of older cars, i happened to find a totally stock 1988 honda crx si with about 104k miles on it and in somewhat decent shape, im thinkin about buying it for a project car. the only things that it needs is a windshield, new headlights and a new passenger side front fender. I also saw that some of the interior pieces are not there such as the radio and speakers and some pillar lining. The guy who owns it said he wants $600 for it, do you guys think i should talk him down on price a lil bit? or is it a fare buy?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
windshield is about 200 bucks fender can range from 25 up depending on where you find it, headlights i really dont know how much they go for but i have an extra set, and how much rust is there. if you plan on stripping the interior it might be worth it but it has nice mileage too.

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yah the body is all straight and rust free.. could use some paint down the line but thats really the least of my worries.

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yah i'll see what he says about $500 if not ill take it for $600.. it only has literally one minor dent in the driver door and the occasional nickel size dings on the sides but for its age.. its almost a virgin haha

:thumbup:

Sam_Stout91

5+ Year Member
it sounds to me like a killer deal :D i'd buy that s**t up. just pay 500. Then you could keep it and love it or stick on a few new parts and sell it for a thousand at least :D

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would offer him 450 take cash with ya cause you know the saying money talks bullshit walks..

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would offer him 450 take cash with ya cause you know the saying money talks bullshit walks..
yah i was thinking more along the lines of $450 anyway, cause i took a real real hard look at it today and it really isnt worth $600 and to offer him $500 i think is still to much with body parts and most interior parts missing or torn off and paint half way decent.. if he takes $450 ill be like this..

:admin2::party2::lamanana::smokenana":banana:

ill let ya'll know when i get it and ill be sure to post pics asap :thumbup: