Project DE-Rice!! Slow but steady!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey everyone... So I built my civic from the ground up about 6 yrs ago, when Wings were cool as hell, when body kits were in.. And for me being younger I thought I liked it... the car has been this way for yrs and it is time for boost, it is time for DOHC it is time for a cleaner look! So I am going to put some pics of the way it was a few weeks ago... And what is coming now... it is going to be a slow build since I have a house and car payments and all that BS... But I think it should be fun!

:cool:

So it is time for project DE-RICE

At this point I was pretty much done with my build at the time....

White interior like 5 yrs ago... Man that is an old pic lol

Dual Exhaust, spoiler off... Nice stance

At a Car show....

Matching Racing Seats, Sparco harness's Silver interior accents to match car...

The old days

Motor

Motor blew so was putting a new one in 2008

Stage 1 clutch

A pic that made it to a website forever ago, Honda Tuner or some s**t... It is where I got the design from....

Momo Steering wheel... In Dash DVD... Carbon FIber (real) Gauge surround...etc etc...

Old days....

Motor in its cleanest state before I sold it... Got 600 for a y7... But it also had all new seals/gaskets/w-pump/belts etc etc...

Out with the old, in with the new....
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Engine is GONE

New beast!!

Had A Greddy Turbo for the 92-95 SOHC Civic and a shitty log manifold I got for 20 bucks... Well the manifold went in for some work....

The turbo above has since been traded for a set of RC750cc Injectors!!!!

Another engine picture...

Brian Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cams and Dual Valve springs, got em both for 300 shipped!

Brand new Greddy E-manage... This will hold me over until I get an s300

ARP Head Studs

So here is the car now, stock front bumper... No Decals... No engine...

And as of a few days ago, I started to ditch the front end parts and get my 99-00 Conversion under way!! compliments. are appreciated!

If all your going to do is talk s**t then don't leave a post please!!!

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn you probably could have sold it for like 3k? and bought another one . but its coming along very nicely and is looking much much better. keep up the good work

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually, I kind of like the way you had it before, in a show car sense. Definitely over-the-top early-2000s style, but it looks like it was a great example of the old "all show no go" look.

Now, looking at the new turbo swap, all I have to say is...damn, you have some deep pockets. =) Have fun with the build, and good luck.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn you probably could have sold it for like 3k? and bought another one . but its coming along very nicely and is looking much much better. keep up the good work
Not really man... I took out a loan against her a few yrs ago got about 2g's left... And if I did that, I would go buy an Evo... Plus I know this car in and out, what she does, how, why I mean this car has been my baby for yrs....

Actually, I kind of like the way you had it before, in a show car sense. Definitely over-the-top early-2000s style, but it looks like it was a great example of the old "all show no go" look.

Now, looking at the new turbo swap, all I have to say is...damn, you have some deep pockets. =) Have fun with the build, and good luck.
Thanks bro, trust me I still love my car, but in the past 2 yrs I have stepped back and just said I need something new, I need something that is more in...

In my opinion along with a lot of people of the yrs... It was one of the cleanest kitted and ricey cars... The body kit fit well, the wheels fit well... It for sure meshed together....

I will kinda miss the look some times lol...

As far as deep pockets, trust me man I don't have deep pockets... Last yr I had a pay check that I could use for an engine, so dropped 750 on the engine, trans and ecu.... Then found peace by peace things I want... So I have just been building it up...

I just started selling parts a few weeks ago... So selling the front end stuff including headlights... Sold the front bumper and Drivers side fender but everything else on the front is for sale... Also have the body kit if anyone is in to that still....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice progress so far. I know what you mean with being attached to it when having a car for that long. I had my VSM EJ8 for 7 years, totaled it, found the kid on here who bought it from the junkyard, and have been trying to buy it back since. I want my first car back.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hell yea man I agree 100% I want my first ride back.. 1980 F150 as bad as it sounds, I had a lot of fun in that truck! Good memory's too! She was a beater! But fun as hell.... Hope you can get her back, I know how much it means!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So the turbo above I traded for a set of 750cc RC Injectors... Well I needed a new turbo at that point... So I had a buddy who needed his trans welded... So since I have another buddy that does welding, I paid the one guy for doing the welding with beer... And in turn the guy with the trans gave me his 14b turbo... Not bad for 35 bucks in beer!!!!!! WOo hoo!

She is a little dirty, but going to paint a few things on it or polish em up... She will be pretty!

750's Baby! A little dirty on the outside, but they have little to no carbon on the inside... Worst case if I have any issues RC will clean them and flow test them with print outs for 24 bucks ea...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it sweet! that trunk is awesome. and the interier is great!! nice swap to!!
Thanks bro! Here is another picture of the trunk from 09... And you can see my 3000watt RMS Massive Carbon Fiber Sub =) That b***h pounds... Not many people are into the subs anymore but I always have been and always will be!

NoKz

5+ Year Member
I think it will come out great! I honestly think it was too riced out before. All of the money was put in cosmetics instead of engine mods. But now it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it finished. Keep up the good work! =)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow what a ricer, good thing you left the dark side...

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it will come out great! I honestly think it was too riced out before. All of the money was put in cosmetics instead of engine mods. But now it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it finished. Keep up the good work! =)
Yea that it was, I didn't have the need for speed, I wanted it too be a show car... Thanks it should be a slow build but hoping by fall she is running again!
Wow what a ricer, good thing you left the dark side...
lol the dark side? She should be clean now, no more rice!

civic0918

Registered VIP
looks like a fast and furious car. Its sad cuz i know that you put a ton of money into that. Now just to go back to oem. But if you try as hard on your engine as you did on rice your gonna have a bad ass lil car man. good luck to ya.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL you know what's funny is I didn't put as much money into it as you think, for what I spent on it, I could of had maybe a low end swap. Just to give an idea, Body Kit was 400.00 at a local shop here, Paint was 200.00, decals 100.00, mirrors 20 and I sold them for 40.00 lol.... Wing was like 250.00. Exhaust was 200.00, Rims, drop and some other things are things I am still going to use so it isn't wasted... I look at it as I made a car I PERSONALLY liked when I built it... And it wasn't too bad of a price... A lot of the money I put into it is still going to be used....

Don't get me wrong I appreciate your input I am just giving you an idea of what I did.... But now it's like having a new car! Thanks again guys..

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have to work on getting the funds for the parts for the block and this manifold....

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t bro that mani is 100% WIN WIN WINN..
and lol i didnt mind the car before actually kinda liked it to be honest, but now it looks like a ricer that couldn't afford the front bumper=P

rip off the rear bumper asaap lol!

how much damage is that mani gunna do to ur wallet? i would to it in a heartbeat..

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking good so far...
Thanks bro!

Holy s**t bro that mani is 100% WIN WIN WINN..
and lol i didnt mind the car before actually kinda liked it to be honest, but now it looks like a ricer that couldn't afford the front bumper=P

rip off the rear bumper asaap lol!

how much damage is that mani gunna do to ur wallet? i would to it in a heartbeat..
LOL well the reason the front bumper is gone is that it was a fiberglass mess, cracked all over... So I fixed it but didn't want to sand it all and repaint it... So sold it for like 100 bucks and picked up the side skirts and same style Front bumper that are poly but only installed the sides, I still have the front but it needs work.... Well then I went to stock just for drive ability and got a lip for 20....

Then I got a Carbon fiber hood from a guy on here for like 180 including Shipping so decided to do a 99 front end conversion... lol

Yea a lot of people including my self liked it before, but now it is going to drop jaws!

The mani is 7 bills... A buddy of mine knows the guy making them and he is going to talk to him about making me one for cheap... Proly still not CHEAP lol:P

nice progress
Thanks man..