Project: gold member (bike)

Jermee

Registered VIP
Bought this bike last weekend for just something to have fun on. This is my 2nd bike, I've been wanting another since I got rid of my Kawasaki last year. This is my 1st liter bike I've ever been on and let me tell you...this thing is scary fast (I have yet to go full throttle in my lower gears because the the front end just come up so easily). Anywho it's a 2002 Yamaha fz1 freshly rebuilt motor has about 5k miles on the motor and ALOt more on the odometer lol. The head was just rebuilt 1000 miles ago with valves done with a Hot Cams shim kit. Bike handles fantastically thanks to the R1 suspension. I will be changing the rear tire to something with more grip than the hard shinkos that are on it now.
Here are the mods.
AIS delete
EX-UP delete
Ivan's jet kit
K&N Pod Filters
Exhaust
Stainless steel brake lines
R1 front bars
R1 front forks
R1 front breaks

My future plans for it (or what I'd like to do) a professional gold paint job to get rid of the rattle can gold, reupholster the seat with different material, frame sliders (color to be determined), new bar ends (color to be determined), new clutch and brake levers (color to be determined), a gold drive chain, drop and stretch it (doubt that'll ever happen but who knows) and lastly do something with the boring black wheels.

Welp that's what I have and what I'm daydreaming of doing to the bike. All constructive criticism is welcome. I'm sure ill get some Ewww comment but that's fine I realize its not for everybody...just like my civic.

*more pics will be added later.

Sent from your moms house.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First! That's right I'm sub'd. In for more pics.

Jermee

Registered VIP
Ill get professional quality pics in a few weeks (friends a photographer) for now you'll have to settle for crappy iPhone pics with Instagram filters lol.

Caleb.N

Bru the bike is awesome just need the cosmetics done and you will have yourself a sick bike.:woot:

Jermee

Registered VIP
Going to get it insured and registered today.

I found a little coolant leak on it yesterday evening.

I'm guessing that's where the water pump is. Going to check a parts diagram. So ill get that fixed as soon as I save up the cash.

*edit. Did a little reading on some forums. It's definitely the seals on the water pump. I'm no bike mechanic so ill likely put it in a shop to get fixed.

*edit edit
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37957&highlight=oil+pump

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Noob question, and maybe this is one of the deletes, but why no fairings? :O

Jermee

Registered VIP
Noob question, and maybe this is one of the deletes, but why no fairings? :O
Bike comes stock with no fairings. It does come stock with a windscreen and different headlight but other than that nothing. It's just a different kind of look. They are called streetfigters.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bike comes stock with no fairings. It does come stock with a windscreen and different headlight but other than that nothing. It's just a different kind of look. They are called streetfigters.

Ahh. Appreciate the knowledge

Any chance of a vid of this in action?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 2 go pros just no Sd cards. Ill get some vids soon for you guys.

Ayyyeee how you handling the liter bike?

Jermee

Registered VIP
Ayyyeee how you handling the liter bike?
Lol I'm not pushing it too much. I really need to get some softer tires. My rear tire doesn't grip worth a damn in turns.
Still have yet to go full throttle in my 1st 3 gears. Frankly I'm too scared lol.

Jermee

Registered VIP

Couple iPhone pics.

Going to order a new rear tire, gold chain and rear sprocket soon.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I bet that thing is loud.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not at all. I had a blast pipe on it (which was stupid loud) and swapped it to what I have now.

I want to see this bike in person :(

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Two go Pros? Why you nno share the wealth with fellow CC member.