Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You lucky Mother PLUCKER!!!! good luck finishing your project

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edhgreatone said:
YOUR THE MAN!!!! seriously... your doing everything i'm doing but your 3 months ahead of me... i hope you plan on getting intercooler and fuel pressure s**t

i've worked my ass off the whole winter time, bustin' my ass workin' almost 70 hours per 2 weeks and still goin' to school... :shock: but in the end its all worth it.. :twisted:

i already got the 5 inch johnnyracecar intercooler sittin' in my room... just right now my priority is to install this biotch right and hope i don't encounter problems later on.. i wanna do it right once and only once... after the install i have a barrage of things to do still which will require me to bust my ass some more. gauges/boost controller/turbo timer/intercooler/etc will come as soon as i get my paychecksssss... 8)

Koda

N.H.K.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man your so lucky. =)

I cant wait to get my b16 boosted. but im still looking for a job. fukin hard as hell gettin a job here in az, =/

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a quick question... the oil pressure sensor looks like it can be taken out with a wrench but we don't have a big enough wrench...crescent wrench is too big to fit in there...what do i do to get it out?

for those wanting to know the details, here's one of 'em... the boot that cover the oil pressure sending unit was a biotch to take out and there's not much room to easily unbolt it either...need some help so i can finish the install by saturday morning.

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might have to go buy one. if a crescent wrench wont fit i cant think of anything that would be smaller and do the same job. maybe vice-grips, the smaller ones might fit.

Bobo_686

Shiny things amuse me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i kno this might b a dumb question, but have you built, or do you need to build, the stock internals?

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bobo_686 said:
i kno this might b a dumb question, but have you built, or do you need to build, the stock internals?
the greddy kit is setup to run at 5.5 psi and at that level you don't need any internal modification to the motor, just bolt it on, run 93 octane and your set.. the internals can handle about 10 psi, but i've seen several people run 11-13 psi on stock internals but it was tuned properly...

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K this might also be a dumb question. What if I run regular unleaded with a turbo kit? I know besides decreased performance. But can it ruin stuff? And I heard the turbo eats gas like no tomorrow. Is that true?

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D16Z6 SOHC VTEC said:
K this might also be a dumb question. What if I run regular unleaded with a turbo kit? I know besides decreased performance. But can it ruin stuff? And I heard the turbo eats gas like no tomorrow. Is that true?
i'm not sure if you can do away with using regular enleaded, you might get away with it since its not alot of boost to begin with, and if you do manage to get away with it then it won't ruin anything since the only purpose of running a higher octane is to prevent detonation so its more of a safeguard sort of thing...

EDIT:
instead of getting about 30mpg expect 25mpg instead, the e-manage has to richen up the fuel curve to keep everything from blowin' up so i'd rather get 25mpg than a blown motor and the reason people say that a turbo eats gas like crazy is most likely due to the driver, i mean who wouldn't want to stomp on it when you got boost running.. :twisted:

Bobo_686

Shiny things amuse me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would turbo void my manufacturers warranty? lol...yes...yes it would

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
only if the failure you're taking your car in for is directly caused by the turbo.

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck and keep us posted on how everything turns out...im thinking about a greddy turbo for my d16z6