Projection Headlights

Rob2121

5+ Year Member
I like the look of the projection headlights and I'm about to buy some for my 02 Honda Civic. Are they hard to install? I did install my euro's myself which wasn't very hard...the headlights look a tad bit more confusing though...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not very hard to do, you might have to take off the bumper but its easy

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its not hard but I really want to replace mine with some stocks that are blacked out like the JDM's, I dont really like my projectors....

em2civic

5+ Year Member
projectors have the worse light output. not unless you get some hid in them. Just letting you know

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get projectors ,unless you are planning to retrofit before you put them on your car.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Learn to take your front bumper off. anything you do is easier if you take it off, headlights,new grill, fogs,horns ect1
I have projectors (not hid) and they work fine. The secret seems to be in adjusting them!!
(also not using "blue" bulbs)

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just like pon55 said, it will be alot easier to take the bumper off. I have some on my 04 civic. It won't take long to put them on, but adjusting them will be the problem; and that will drive you crazy.

Powershift

GOT TRICKS?? 5iO.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you guy/gals know if the TYCs projectiors for the 01-03 are HID compatible, or i still need to do the convertion!!?

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
No aftermarket projectors are HID compatable. You have to do a retrofit conversion in order to use the bulbs. You can find several bulbs that claim to be HID but none of them give the same output. I think the closest ones that I have found to HID output is Sylvanian Silverstar's. You also need to remember that HID run hot... Really really hot. Most aftermarket lenses are made of plastic and will melt with heat over time. The ballast and lens that comes with a retrofit kit is glass therefor it stays cooler and wont screw up your headlights.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're very simple to install...

and projectors output light fine... as somebody else said, it's all in making sure you adjust them correctly... which is done pretty easily as well.

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok guys im in the same boat as the threadstarter, i can get a good deal on a pair of blacked out projectors for my black ej7.

is the lighting the same as my stock? i know how to install but i havent seen any projectors on a civic yet, but they look nice

i would use stock OEM bulbs or hyperwhite, none of those blue ones

i really dont wanna just clear out the lights, i want a little more, so are projectors worth it? right now im only going for looks until i got enough for a swap

thanks

KenSi95

SNOOP YOUR CRAZY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why arent tyc compatible with hid if you buy an h1 kit what is the problem and i have way more light output then stock maybe because i had syvania silverstars.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blk05Civic said:
ok guys im in the same boat as the threadstarter, i can get a good deal on a pair of blacked out projectors for my black ej7.

is the lighting the same as my stock? i know how to install but i havent seen any projectors on a civic yet, but they look nice

i would use stock OEM bulbs or hyperwhite, none of those blue ones

i really dont wanna just clear out the lights, i want a little more, so are projectors worth it? right now im only going for looks until i got enough for a swap

thanks
light output is fine as long as you adjust them... It's not hard to do but too many people, by them, install them.. and don't adjust them and automatically assume that they suck when in all actuality, it's the installer who sucks..

Whether they're worth it or not is up to you.. do you like the way they look enough to drop the cash?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
KenSi95 said:
why arent tyc compatible with hid if you buy an h1 kit what is the problem and i have way more light output then stock maybe because i had syvania silverstars.
I think you're asking a question but I can't really tell. Punctuation helps.