Prolly Been Done B4 But.....

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright, not to go off topic here, but I'm starting to get all emo about this SI bashing, but my feelings are hurt. :cry: :cry: My si is awesome and won't trade her in for anything (cept maybe a lexus, or bmw, or half a dozen makes and models). It's the BEST car in the entire honda history of car making (cept maybe that s2000, or the TL or even the entire Acura line). You guys are just jealous! :P

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my car too, up until the 8th gen si, it was the best usdm civic you can buy, performance and looks wise. But it's not THAT much better to justify paying out the ass to buy OEM parts for an ex or dx or a hatch or make it exactly the same. In that sense the ends dont justify the means, at all. You would be so much better off buying aftermarket parts and developing your own style.

The Si is overrated, but I still wouldn't trade my car for anything because it's my first real car and I've been through alot with it. It's a great car, but it's just not worth the money and effort to make all those little changes to convert another model. People bash the Si because it's overrated and it is, but I don't think my car is the s**t, I know it's slow, but it has decent power and it looks good, and it's mine =)

And you can't say it's the best car in honda history, and then exclude all acuras and the s2k....that would make it like....the 50th best.

Bfreeman

Its Slow.
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I wouldn't do it, but a big part of that is I think the Si is very overrated for what it is. Plus the Si parts cost more than they should be worth.

There's so much better things you could do to your car than trying to make it an Si hatch (kind of a VTi, SiR I guess).
basically wat i was thinking..

go for like an SIR

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
dude to convert it to an si you'd need cluster,sunroof, rear disc brakes, armest, guages, lips, motor swap, seats, power everything, wow it would not be worth it, but this is an unusual transformation of a hatch...

im guessing thats a photochopd pic, sti/hatch :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stolibears said:
alright, not to go off topic here, but I'm starting to get all emo about this SI bashing, but my feelings are hurt. :cry: :cry: My si is awesome and won't trade her in for anything (cept maybe a lexus, or bmw, or half a dozen makes and models). It's the BEST car in the entire honda history of car making (cept maybe that s2000, or the TL or even the entire Acura line). You guys are just jealous! :P
I'm not jealous. :P My EX is almost an Si besides a teeny difference in the suspension, a different motor, and a different front end (which was available on '99-'00 EXs too). Oh yeah, and the wheels that looked liek my stock hubcaps. :lol:

No offense, it's just not my thing. They'd be a lot better if people didn't overprice them so often. Generally speaking, the Sis that are decently priced (the US models at least) are priced low enough that you begin to wonder what that car might have been through. :shock:
Bfreeman said:
basically wat i was thinking..

go for like an SIR
Well even then he'd basically have the same motor. The biggest thing on this conversion is the motor because of what they normally go for. That is, too much.

There are so many stock options alone he could pic up from Civics all over the world. Why limit himself to one model common in the US?

Bfreeman

Its Slow.
5+ Year Member
Well even then he'd basically have the same motor. The biggest thing on this conversion is the motor because of what they normally go for. That is, too much.

There are so many stock options alone he could pic up from Civics all over the world. Why limit himself to one model common in the US?[/QUOTE]

do a euro style car B17 ftw!!!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bfreeman said:
do a euro style car B17 ftw!!!
Which B17 came in a Euro car?

YOUNG_DEE

5+ Year Member
since i had so many negative opinions about how it is a waste of money i won't go the whole nine by getting EVERYTHING Si i will just get some things like the seats gauge and an engine swap prolly a GSR and prolly the Si rims you know just the main stuff but as far a susp. goes i was never planning on making that Si ooo and also the exterior badges but yea it does kinda seem like a waste of money in some aspects but iono i just thought that it would be nice to have

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It'd be okay. I'm just telling you there is so much more (and better) that you could do. ;)

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is nothing wrong with the b16! They are awsome little motors idk why everyone bashs them all the time, There is so much one can do to a b16, I have a b16 in my civic and i can spank my friends Integra gsr all day long! Granted i have the 170 HP version of the b16 but still! All i did was slap some stage2 cams in and some valve springs and it changed the whole attitude of the engine! She pulls harder than any overass rated b18c that ive ever ridden in!

PS everyone forgets that if it wasen't for the b16 doing so well when it first came out in japan that we wouldn't have the b17's b18C's h22's etc etc that we have today! So B16 FTW!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sm0ked0uTCiViC said:
There is nothing wrong with the b16! They are awsome little motors idk why everyone bashs them all the time, There is so much one can do to a b16, I have a b16 in my civic and i can spank my friends Integra gsr all day long! Granted i have the 170 HP version of the b16 but still! All i did was slap some stage2 cams in and some valve springs and it changed the whole attitude of the engine! She pulls harder than any overass rated b18c that ive ever ridden in!

PS everyone forgets that if it wasen't for the b16 doing so well when it first came out in japan that we wouldn't have the b17's b18C's h22's etc etc that we have today! So B16 FTW!
It's not that there is a problem with the B16 mechanically. It's that they're overpriced often because they're "Si motors".

Oh, and I know B16 TRANSMISSIONS are what you shoudl be interested in. The close gearing makes them quick to accelerate.

Anmd yes, B16s were the first Honda motors with VTEC. They were great in their time. They're still great now But I'm sorry, there are motors out there with more power per dollar.

Motor swaps do not have to be limited to B16A2s ('99-'00 Si), B18C1 ('94-'01 GSR), B18C5 ('97-'01 ITR) and their variants. A moror swap doesn't even have to have VTEC.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with the price thing, People do over price the hell outta them! But it seems anymore people are so quick to shoot the b16 down as not being a good motor! Yeah the powerband doesen't start till high up in the RPM range but once you get up there they sure do reward you with some high strung fun!! And like you said there is nothing like ripping through the short ass gears of a SI tranny!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Suanico said:
dude to convert it to an si you'd need cluster,sunroof, rear disc brakes, armest, guages, lips, motor swap, seats, power everything, wow it would not be worth it, but this is an unusual transformation of a hatch...

that's not even a civic bro, that's a funk ass chopped up 2dr hatchback subar wrx

but i actually kinda like it :shock:

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
that's not even a civic bro, that's a funk ass chopped up 2dr hatchback subar wrx

but i actually kinda like it :shock:
X2. Its unique

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a day goes by that I regret my JDM B16A swap. I've had various Integra GSR and 2 GSR swapped CRX kills.

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I luv my 99 si, especially since I added the JRSC! With full bolt on's and a SC the b16 gets up and goes pretty damn good IMO!!

aznryd3r

5+ Year Member
one6 said:
Not a day goes by that I regret my JDM B16A swap. I've had various Integra GSR and 2 GSR swapped CRX kills.
i've never liked b series engines..except for the b18c5... .right now its all about H series..good for the money AND it has magical powers..dropping one soon into my ej :D

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I wouldn't do it, but a big part of that is I think the Si is very overrated for what it is. Plus the Si parts cost more than they should be worth.

There's so much better things you could do to your car than trying to make it an Si hatch (kind of a VTi, SiR I guess).
fo shur

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm working on plans to do a B16.. partly because I can add a ton of hp and stay in my same autox class; and partly because I have a thing for low displacement / high power motors. Probably b/c I live in craphole Pennsylvania and I can't go two miles without seeing a camero with "no replacement for displacement" across the back window... God i hate that :evil: lol