ProTech in Austin?

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hase anyone had work done on there car at Protech in Austin? Just trying to get some feedback. Thanks.

ask_611

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG6/B16A2 said:
Hase anyone had work done on there car at Protech in Austin? Just trying to get some feedback. Thanks.
They are good. I have only had minor things done there but one of my friends got his swap done there and his car dynoed there.

GoofyCA18DET

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had my CA18DET swap done there. You'll find alot of people who don't like them including me. Especially all the lies they love to tell and taking almost a year on my swap when the front clip was there for so long. If you want to know more just pm me.

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GoofyCA18DET said:
I had my CA18DET swap done there. You'll find alot of people who don't like them including me. Especially all the lies they love to tell and taking almost a year on my swap when the front clip was there for so long. If you want to know more just pm me.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I had my car worked on there due to a fuel problem I had and couldn’t figure out. First let me say the work was good and they seemed to take care of my car (I keep my car very clean) and the car runs great now, BUT I have never taken my car to a mechanic, I do all my own work so I consider myself a descent and knowledgeable person when it comes to my car and the work that gets done so when they had my car for 3 days and the bill came up to over $800.00 I had some serious F-in questions for them. To make a long story short I ended up paying about $400.00 which for what was done, was still to pricy for me but I could see the time and effort done to my car and after talking to the guy who worked on my car (Which was very knowledgeable I must say) made me feel some what better, I figure I paid mostly for trial and error and parts but in the end they had my car and it was pay or not get my car. From my experience I would have to say if you decide to go there make sure you know what your looking for do your homework and understand your car so if they try to over price something you can try to talk with them about it, they worked with me when I discussed to work but if I cant help but feel that if I had no idea what my car was about and mechanically inclined they would have tried to get me for what they could. Last, everything that was done, I could have done in a few hours but there’s more to it than that. If you would like more information about Protect email me and I will get more in-depth about my experience.