pulled my plugs and....Bad plug tube seals in valve cover

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
so today i went to do my plugs and wires and there is a bunch of oil on the plugs and on the outside of the stud on the wire that goes down to the plug i was told its the seals on the undernieth of the valve cover which i agree with but my question is it safe to drive until friday when i can get in there and replace everything? thanks for any advice

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine is like that bc I need a valve cover gasket and Ive been driving mine like that for a while lol!

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah dude you're safe to drive it like that. Just get the gasket kit soon because sometimes if the seals get too bad enough oil will get on your plugs and cause your car to not start.

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
alright lol well i have a new set of plugs and wires and i just did my valve cover gasket a couple months ago but left out doing the spark plug seals lol well thanks and i cant wait till this s**t snow in mass is over so i can start my build!!!

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
lol me too or hes just being a a$$ and saying that cause the car doesnt smoke or ne thing like o rings probably would but ill be doing the spark plug seals tomorrow night after i get out of work and some other minor things and well go from there and see how the rings are in the spring when i do a mini me swap =)

x23Curtis23x

5+ Year Member
well i pulled my valve cover gasket off and replaced my horrible spark plug seals and ran the car for a while last night and theres no more oil where the plugs go so it was that thanks for the help from everyone!