Putting a gsr turbo onto a b18b1 motor?

civicspencer

Registered VIP
A buddy of myn bought a gsr with a turbo kit on it wich is pointless we decide to put the kit on my car since I have a b18b1 (better for a turbo) I am just wondering is his turbo manifold would fit on my motor also there is a oil looking pipe that looks to be running to the bottom of the turbo to the bottom of the oil pan on his car? Could anyone help me out maybe give it to me step by step or have some opinions? Thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not to sound rude, but if you dont know what that is thats running from the turbo to the oil pan, im not so sure you should be boosting a car. Thats your oil return line...its necessary.

question, why is the turbo pointless on the GSR? a gsr is a great motor to boost. The b18b1 is good for boost just because it's low compression and allows for more room for error when tuning but requires more boost to reach a comparable power output to the GSR.

and finally to answer you, yes the manifold will bolt up. All B-series header bolt patterns are the same.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I'm new to all of this now would we have to switch oil pans?
And a gsr motor has vtec and a higher compression so it can't handle much more compression I've heard this from many guys on here plus the turbo messed his car up

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
an ls motor is optimal sure, but a gsr motor should be able to handle it fine. in fact i would pick the gsr to boost over the LS. if the turbo messed up his motor, theres a good chance if you just move everything over to your car it will mess yours up too.

as for your questions, if im not mistaken a gsr oil pan is only interchangeable with a b18 type r motor. and the LS is only interchangeable with a b16 motor. not sure about b20 oil pans.

like child said, that pipe is your oil return line and is crucial to any turbo kit and the manifold off the gsr will bolt up to your LS

civicspencer

Registered VIP
the how do i hood up to the oil feed line that feeds oil to the turbo, also how would i hook up the oil return line to my oil pan

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We all understand you are new and we have all been there but man you are going to have to do a lot of research to boost... There is NOTHING wrong with boosting a Vtec motor... Non Vtec is great due to the compression and the non vtec means one less thing to tune and mess with... But again a boosted GSR will rock on people all day long....

The oil return line goes from the Turbo to the oil pain, you have to either buy one with the tap for it or weld it in yourself...Again REALLLY do some research....

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the how do i hood up to the oil feed line that feeds oil to the turbo, also how would i hook up the oil return line to my oil pan
you tap your oil pan. i would start by finding out why your friends motor got f**ked up before doing anything.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
i dont know man i raced his gsr before he messed it up and no lie i beat him by a car length so i dont think a gsr is that amazing, i have done a lot of research thats why i asked about the oil lines cuz i havent heard about them also the reason why he messed it up is cuz he put too much boost in the car is what he says

N20b20

i dont think you should be boosting at all seems like u have done the wrong kind of research on the whole turbo subject in general...and a boosted gsr would walk on a ls...if your friend ran to much boost then there is a big amount of things that could have gone wrong

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Then explain to me, I post these threads for my opinions and I'm a noob and need help
and I just don't think a boosted gsr is all that cool but that's just me
where can I find a step by step turbo kit assembly for a b18b1

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The kit off your buddy's gsr is the exact same for your ls. the only thing you need to do is tap your oil pan for the return line, find an oil source (should be in the same location as on your friends block, usually the back of the block where your stock oil sender unit is), and get some sort of fuel management.

there are procedures that you follow BEFORE you even attempt to install a turbo kit. dont follow those procedures and the chances of you blowing up your motor are exponentially higher. start with a compression and leakdown test to see if your motor is healthy enough for boost.

Read this link in it's entirety:
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

AFTER you've read and understood that link, read this one
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1263795

dont get ahead of yourself. chances are youll save yourself the same headache that your friend created for himself if you read the first link. also dont expect people to hold your hand in this, do your own research next time.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should learn that the amount of boost you can use is relative to not only the motor and tune but also the turbo type and size. Also, if ur friends setup wasn't tuned then it almost doesn't matter how much boost he ran because tourer almost sure to have problems running boost un tuned. Like I was mentioning before the higher compression just calls for more precise tuning and the gsr yields a higher potential with both motors in stock internal form.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bet his car wasn't tuned either

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Thanks guys
and shiznit I like how you held my hand
but about his being tuned, I doubt it was due to a redneck owning it before him and he's the one who did all the turbo and messed it up

mcivice199_6x

5+ Year Member
i was able to be a gsr integra and an ls swapped 93 hatch the other night. i have a d16y7 on 5 pounds, but the gsr has bad valve seals and clutch :what: we all usually cruise around on weekends. its just all fun for us nothing serious really.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
ya i dont think the gsr is that great of a car but thats just me, ive seen some d16 civics whoop all kinds of cars like camaros, wrx, mustangs

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a gsr is better than your d16, i promise. yes, its better for boost too!

civicspencer

Registered VIP
hey i don't have a d16, i raced my friends gsr with my N/A b18 and won, but like i said its my opinion
but maybe you guys could help me out I am trying to replace all of my engine braces and mounts i have already bought my motor mounts and two torque mount, all i need now are the driver side torque bracket, a bolt for the passenger side torque mount and the three bolts for the tranny mount on the passenger side, anyone know where i can find these things