Quality Camber Kits (Rear)

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
Need help with rear camber

Can anyone suggest some quality and trusted rear camber kits besides skunk2. I just found out my rear driver's side tire is eating away on the insides. Sigh*

EJ1_MK

There are a ton out there buddy club, k-sport, d2, etc. just need to look, I prefer skunk2 products but k-sport and d2 stuff are both made out of the same facility and there are a lot of people that prefer them as well. Really just depends on your suspension set up and how low you are now.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
There are a ton out there buddy club, k-sport, d2, etc. just need to look, I prefer skunk2 products but k-sport and d2 stuff are both made out of the same facility and there are a lot of people that prefer them as well. Really just depends on your suspension set up and how low you are now.
im sittin quite low not sure of the drop.. i know about skunk2 that was ma first choice but 170 is kinda costly for me right now. I'm on coilovers right now thats about it but i'll check those out

what about omnipower are those rear camber kits any good?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get an alignment. your "camber" is not the cause of the tire ware.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
get an alignment. your "camber" is not the cause of the tire ware.
im pretty sure bro, the alignment will only last so long. its only the rear suspension that gives me this prob, i rather to just get the kit so my tires last longer with fewer alignments needed.

EJ1_MK

omni power is not a bad brand either I think their kit is very close to skunk2, and I am with you on this get the kit have it alignment and you should be done with it for a while. its good to have it checked but it will allow your tires to last a hell of alot longer than with out. Do it right. Im sitting pretty low myself and I got skunk2 camber kits front and rear you will also notice that you will gain better handling out of it all.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty sure bro, the alignment will only last so long. its only the rear suspension that gives me this prob, i rather to just get the kit so my tires last longer with fewer alignments needed.
What do you mean the alignment will only last so long? A proper alignment should last an indefinite amount of time so long as you don't hit any crazy pot holes or have worn/bent/broken suspension components. Even if you got a camber kit for the rear, your toe could still go out of alignment just as if you didn't have that camber kit thus eating away your tires.

How low are you and if you know, how much negative camber do you currently have and what are your toe settings?

My tires aren't getting eaten away and I have around 2* of negative camber with no camber kits. The only time I ever align my own car is when I decide to play with toe settings for racing. Other than that, my alignment stays the same and my tires last quite a while. Reason being? My toe settings are always within spec.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
i think I'm at a 2" drop too not sure of the degree of negative camber i have. The biggest problem is finding a trusted n resonable shop to align it for me without all the extra bullshit...
Thanks for the help yall.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah with about a 2" drop you really shouldn't need a camber kit. Whatever shop you take it to, ask them for a print out of the before AND after alignment specs. Any shop should be able to provide the information to you with no problems. This way you know for sure the alignment is good. Hell I just went to my local Honda dealer and got a free alignment check the other day(I do this often to double check my home alignment on my race car). Some places have alignment skid plates you just drive over and it reads your toe, a lot of places will do it for free...

Also, if you want to ensure your front and rear toe does not easily slide out of alignment, double check and tighten the bolts/nuts to spec once you get the car back from the shop.

It might not be a bad idea for you to inspect your suspension components, mainly your bushings, to rule out they aren't what's causing the wear. I'd start with looking at the trailing arm bushings since those tend to tear and crack after time.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
Yeah with about a 2" drop you really shouldn't need a camber kit. Whatever shop you take it to, ask them for a print out of the before AND after alignment specs. Any shop should be able to provide the information to you with no problems. This way you know for sure the alignment is good. Hell I just went to my local Honda dealer and got a free alignment check the other day(I do this often to double check my home alignment on my race car). Some places have alignment skid plates you just drive over and it reads your toe, a lot of places will do it for free...

Also, if you want to ensure your front and rear toe does not easily slide out of alignment, double check and tighten the bolts/nuts to spec once you get the car back from the shop.

It might not be a bad idea for you to inspect your suspension components, mainly your bushings, to rule out they aren't what's causing the wear. I'd start with looking at the trailing arm bushings since those tend to tear and crack after time.
Ok so heres an update...they said because my ride is so low they cant fit it up on their racks n some of their ramps are to steep for my ride to drive up on...so far i checked like 8 shops and none of them can do the alignment for me...f**k!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idiots, I know for a fact a Civic with that kind of drop will just barely fit onto a Hunter alignment machine... I've done it with my own car... The reason they are probably denying you is because they don't want to risk or be held liable for any "damage" that could happen to your car. They could easily get it on the rack using 2x4's if they were smart enough..

If you're having such luck with dealers/tire shops or w/e, you may have to find a performance shop that has an in-ground alignment rack. They'll more than likely charge you a bit more for the job though..

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
Idiots, I know for a fact a Civic with that kind of drop will just barely fit onto a Hunter alignment machine... I've done it with my own car... The reason they are probably denying you is because they don't want to risk or be held liable for any "damage" that could happen to your car. They could easily get it on the rack using 2x4's if they were smart enough..

If you're having such luck with dealers/tire shops or w/e, you may have to find a performance shop that has an in-ground alignment rack. They'll more than likely charge you a bit more for the job though..
f**k yeah they sure did...i found this place who do alignments for $45 but i got denied, and now this place i found that deals wit slammed cars are charging me $90!!!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f*** yeah they sure did...i found this place who do alignments for $45 but i got denied, and now this place i found that deals wit slammed cars are charging me $90!!!
$90 isn't terrible, but still a good chunk of money. Average price for an alignment is around $65 but it depends on where you go.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
$90 isn't terrible, but still a good chunk of money. Average price for an alignment is around $65 but it depends on where you go.
its all good...i plan on gettin the kit tho so ima get those omnipower kits put em on, then have them align it. appreciate the help yow.