Question about a 99 civic shell?

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Question about 99 Civic Rolling Chassis?

My car got stolen and got recovered with everything under the hood gone and my fog lights. I am thinking of selling the shell, how much do you think I could sell it for?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtffffff..when did this happen?
must be a vsm curse or something :cry:

so sorry to hear man...if ur shell is clean which is the way it looks u can get atleast 1500..i wouldn't sell it for lower...

did they take the cf hood? the heads? the tails? the rims? the mirrors? and what state r u in?

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
wtffffff..when did this happen?
must be a vsm curse or something :cry:

so sorry to hear man...if ur shell is clean which is the way it looks u can get atleast 1500..i wouldn't sell it for lower...

did they take the cf hood? the heads? the tails? the rims? the mirrors? and what state r u in?
It happened Friday morning between Midnight and 4 A.M. Its actually a rolling chassis. Everything on the inside of the car is there but the ECU.

The CF hood, headlights, tail lights, rims, mirrors are still there. I am in VA.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dawrenn said:
It happened Friday morning between Midnight and 4 A.M. Its actually a rolling chassis. Everything on the inside of the car is there but the ECU.

The CF hood, headlights, tail lights, rims, mirrors are still there. I am in VA.
u my friend are suuuuper lucky to have all that..
i m assumign u have ful coverage?
u can part it out or u can sell it as a shell..ur body is mint as i see it..with the cf hood rims and everything u should easily get 2g's

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
u my friend are suuuuper lucky to have all that..
i m assumign u have ful coverage?
u can part it out or u can sell it as a shell..ur body is mint as i see it..with the cf hood rims and everything u should easily get 2g's
I have comprehension. What do you think the insurance will do? My dad said if the insurance totals the car they will give me what the car is worth minus a deductible, Is that true? He said for the car to be totalled it will have to cost half or more than half of what the car is worth to fix it. I am sure it is going to cost atleast $4,000 or more to get the car is perfect running order.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dawrenn said:
I have comprehension. What do you think the insurance will do? My dad said if the insurance totals the car they will give me what the car is worth minus a deductible, Is that true? He said for the car to be totalled it will have to cost half or more than half of what the car is worth to fix it. I am sure it is going to cost atleast $4,000 or more to get the car is perfect running order.
no i t wouldn't...
$300 u can buy a sohc swap and ur good to go lol...

anyways see what insurance says..if they total the car then take the money and buy the car back and part it out...

but ur car is so mint..in ALL honesty i would keep it...

i never brought back my shell because THAT wouldn;t be cost effective..i also didn;t have comprehensive..but ur shell i would keep...and start over....don't f**kin let bitchass thieves stop u ;)

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ouch dude...what part of VA are you in....don't say Richmond....but anyways, if insurance totals it(which is likely) i would say either swap an engine of ur choice in there...or you could part it. not to be a d**k, but if you choose to part it, can you maybe lemme know about the tails and hood?

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:
no i t wouldn't...
$300 u can buy a sohc swap and ur good to go lol...

anyways see what insurance says..if they total the car then take the money and buy the car back and part it out...

but ur car is so mint..in ALL honesty i would keep it...

i never brought back my shell because THAT wouldn;t be cost effective..i also didn;t have comprehensive..but ur shell i would keep...and start over....don't f**kin let bitchass thieves stop u ;)
I think a sohc swap would be more than $300 for an Engine an transmission.

I dont really want to keep the car, I have had it broken into a few times and now stolen. I have not had much luck with it. I have had it for 4 years and I think its time for a new car.

This is whats missing from under the hood including the engine and transmission:

the battery, battery box, radiator, a/c condensor, power steering pump resivoir, cv axles, throttle cable coming from the clutch pedal, my strut bar, headlight bulbs. They also took the fog lights and the switch and the ignition switch needs to be replaced.

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
ouch dude...what part of VA are you in....don't say Richmond....but anyways, if insurance totals it(which is likely) i would say either swap an engine of ur choice in there...or you could part it. not to be a d**k, but if you choose to part it, can you maybe lemme know about the tails and hood?
Arlington, VA The car was stolen from right infront of my house. I really hope they do total it. I am either going to put my old motor in there and sell it like that, or sell the shell, or maybe part it out. I will figure out what I am going to do after the insurance person comes by. I will let you know if I part it.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dawrenn said:

I dont really want to keep the car, I have had it broken into a few times and now stolen. I have not had much luck with it. I have had it for 4 years and I think its time for a new car.

This is whats missing from under the hood including the engine and transmission:

the battery, battery box, radiator, a/c condensor, power steering pump resivoir, cv axles, throttle cable coming from the clutch pedal, my strut bar, headlight bulbs. They also took the fog lights and the switch and the ignition switch needs to be replaced.
mine was worse...

anyway if u have ur old motor whats the problem..just swap it in and sell the car...:what:
u can sell the cf parts separate and put the stock shyt back on too if u like

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The insurance person came by and said the car is most likely going to be totalled.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dawrenn said:

maybe like $500 then, pretty cheap still

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would you part out the sidemarkers ? and a shell like that could go for 3 g's easy in houston

dawrenn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cole said:
would you part out the sidemarkers ? and a shell like that could go for 3 g's easy in houston
I will part them out if I buy the car back from the insurance.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even if you dont buy it back you can grab parts off your car just ask them , thats what i did when my coupe was totaled , i dident think i was getting another 6th gen so i sold my sidemarkers :oops:

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well if you do decide to part it out, can you just PM me about the tails and the CF hood?

potatobiker8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude..go to junkyard and they can get u the pieces for cheap....sohc engine and tranny is about 5-6 hundred. keep it and build it back up agian..if ur not happy then sell it.