question about...care taking on cars..

lazy butt alex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok..well..the simple..wash n wax....wht else is there?
i heard about..wash..then polish..then waX? or soemthign?..
can anyone tell me more steps? i want to clean up some swirls i have on my car..n make my whole car shine like cars the cars on HIN..ahha..

also..i have this machine my dad bought from kargens..its like..a small buffer or someting...no idea how to use that thol..LOL

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There are actually several threads here that cover this. Please search for "detailing".

Here's my thread on it though: How To: NOFX's detailing bit

And my proof (she was pink under the windows when I got her):

SexualChocolate

Stan Smith
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
There are actually several threads here that cover this. Please search for "detailing".

Here's my thread on it though: How To: NOFX's detailing bit

And my proof (she was pink under the windows when I got her):
offtopic: Have you thought about changing the rims. I think it would make your car 10x sexier

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's an older photo from when I was still in Delaware. I have GS-R blades now. No pics until a drop and lower profile tires. I'm 4x4ing it now on tires big enough for a stock ride height Integra so I can't drop it. Nice tires though with only about 300 miles on them. I have mechanical issues to deal with before I go into cosmetics though. Tranny needs to be replaced along with some smaller things and then I'll need to get the tires. I get a free drop after that. Tires are too tall to drop it yet though.

Btw, you can see the same blades in my sig photoshopped onto my car at a better height than they currently are.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you moved out west? im guessin WA? or where you at?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
you moved out west? im guessin WA? or where you at?
There's a thread about me driving across the country in the Lounge. It's titled something like, "Goddamn, that was a long drive..."

I don't want to whore up this guy's thread now. Back on topic. ;)

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're gonna have to go to paint shops to find the pro meguiar stuff that NOFX uses and don't forget the credit card :D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't need to go to paint shops. I actually found some of my products (and even was able to special order some, which came in next day) at a local store called Auto Body Supply. So you might be able to find a Meguiar's dealer that's willing to special order products for you too.

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should really clay your car after its been washed, before you polish and wax it. wax doesnt adhear very well to "dirty" surfaces.

now if you have swirls and dont want to pay a professional to take them out, i suggest you buy meguiars dual action polisher and read up on www.meguiarsonline.com

www.autodetailingsolutions.com has great prices and package deals.

good luck!

fgraciano1980

keepin' it clean!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i see your in california. if youre in southern cali, i definitley recommend you attend meguiars saturday detailing clinics. i went last week and it was awsome :thumbs up