question about exhuast brand?

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone know anything thing about the OBX type r cat-back exhaust? i was wanting to go with the apex world sport but this one is a steal if it is a good exhaust.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most brand name exhausts are a waste of money

find a good stainless muffler and get a muffler shop to bend the size of piping you want... maybe 300 bucks after the good quality muffler

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actaully i bet this is cheaper. plus id rather have a name brand cause i know it will be good. plus this one is only 285 bucks onsale right now. origanally 450-600 bucks.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright well i decided im gonna get it anyways. it is on sale for cheap and it is in the price range i was lookin around.

Ninefivejiggaja

Milano Em1 Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got an obx exhaust for 250 shipped. It has held up nicely on my old dx for about 2 1/2 years

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
most brand name exhausts are a waste of money

find a good stainless muffler and get a muffler shop to bend the size of piping you want... maybe 300 bucks after the good quality muffler
Thats how much my world sport was. Besides, cars are bad investments anyways so why not blow more money into them

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ninefivejiggaja said:
i got an obx exhaust for 250 shipped. It has held up nicely on my old dx for about 2 1/2 years
that is good to hear. which is the one you have. is it the type r? if so can i see a pic of what it looks like on your car.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ewww how does teh OBX sound??? i heard it was crap... i dunno... i wanted it but changed my mind... if u getit update us on performance and sound

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just ordered it like a half our ago. i will have a before and after clip of the exhaust tip and full exhaust.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
i just ordered it like a half our ago. i will have a before and after clip of the exhaust tip and full exhaust.
nice i've been wanting to hear how it sound like for a while...

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
I hear a lot of bad things about OBX parts..

I just know they are usually cheap, and better than stock right?

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chimmychongaz said:
I hear a lot of bad things about OBX parts
same here, I have never had any experience with them but I do hear a lot of negative things.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well all i know is i am gettin and exhaust for 329 shipped that is origanally around 500 bucks so.

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
does anyone know anything thing about the OBX type r cat-back exhaust? i was wanting to go with the apex world sport but this one is a steal if it is a good exhaust.
considering i own one.....

i wouldnt get it. its loud as HELL, i mean if thats your thing then this is your exhaust but i have the freaking silencer in and mine is still louder than my megan racing (another nock off brand) muffler on my civic.

but for the price, yeah its a good deal, its a quality product i guess but its just way too loud.

NeonImpact

7thgencivic.com @dmin
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$500 shipped for my Greddy Evo.
Have had it for almost 2 years no, no rust/problems/leaks/etc what-so-ever.

I think ill stick to "name" brand stuff.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
considering i own one.....

i wouldnt get it. its loud as HELL

but for the price, yeah its a good deal, its a quality product i guess but its just way too loud.
I used to have a obx baby bomber on my hatch. I had a zc motor pace setter header with a 2in. pipe. It was loud as hell. :thumbdown I got pulled over a few times for loud exaust. I think I paid like $75 for the muffler and $120 for the pipe (header back with a resonater). A Cheap exhaust isn't worth getting f*cked with by the cops.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skinnyjdawg said:
hehe you laugh but seriously some exhausts sound like that. Drives me nuts
ugh tell me about it

so annoying