Question about ITBs????????

ill-1320r

5+ Year Member
Do you guys think i should install my ITBs myself or should i take it to a shop....i dont know what to do..

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first off what setup do you have that you need ITBs???

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hope u have a fuel set up planned............u just cant get itb's on a stock fuel set up

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not to mention that you shouldnt put ITB;s on a Daily Driver

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOOB'S lol you better have a damn good tuner for this and that car will never be a daily driver

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what ITB's did you get for a Y8? homemade ones? more info. would be nice. do you have any sort of engine management? what mods do you have done already? is it a DD?

ill-1320r

5+ Year Member
i have a single V d16y8 with a aem camgear, walbro fuel pump, full MDS ignition, and 8mm plugs and waiting on rc 650 injectors and aem fuel rail. the ITBs are homemade they come with a fuel regulator already and all the vaccum tubes that i need for it. i got them from a friend with a fully built crx exact same motor as mine. he said it would just bolt right up with the stock fuel rail and injectors.

97ej6mike

5+ Year Member
I hope you do realize that ITBs, at least from what ive learned, arent a simple bolt-on affair. First off, you should never do it by urself if uve never done manifold swaps before, and secondly, your going to need tuning for it, so id leave it to the professionals only. Oh, and what was said before, you CANT run it on stock fuel system, and it is highly NOT recomended for a daily driver setup.

ill-1320r

5+ Year Member
oh.the map sensor is built in on it already...and im having one of my friends do it. he is a licensed professional...so hopefully he could get it running.

avenger

loves the clutch
5+ Year Member
ill-1320r said:
oh.the map sensor is built in on it already...and im having one of my friends do it. he is a licensed professional...so hopefully he could get it running.
you have a computer to translate/handle the fuel mapping then?

ill-1320r

5+ Year Member
im not too sure about that. what do you guys think i should do put them on in winter or in spring time?