Question about my new exhaust system...

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
So I just swapped out my 97 Civic's stock exhaust (header and all) for the EX conversion. Brand new exhaust piping and header etc. I purchased the secondary 02 sensor extender and while I was hooking it up, I noticed that it sticks out of my new cat pointing more downward towards the road. Not at the 2 O'clock position, more like the 5 O'clock. The exhaust system itself hangs a bit lower but all hangers are connected and firm so I'm a bit worried about that sensor hanging low. I installed the exhaust myself as it's really not difficult and there is no way I got anything upside down or put in wrong because it all cant go any other way. I was first thinking to just disconnect my Cat and rotate it upside down but then the triangular connection to the rest of the exhaust wouldn't line up (if you know what I'm talking about).

So I'm wondering, is there something I may not have actually done correctly or something I could do to remedy this situation?

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
By the way, "No", it wasn't some "cheap" setup. It also wasn't some over-priced setup either. It's an Option-R Header, Option-R Exhaust System, and Magnaflow Cat.