question about oil leak....

warchieft2k

5+ Year Member
I have a leak under the distributor cab and i change the o-ring and it didnt stop... any idea where it could be..
i uploaded a picture can you guys tell me what are the connectors under the distributor any of them oil lines?

Thanks

Carlos

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cam Seal?

KStorms2009

5+ Year Member
if the distributor has oil inside of the cap its not the o ring... it would most likley be an interior seal. there is a way to take apart th whole distributor and replace it. but most stores do not sell it you would have to find it online.... just buy a new distributor or go to junk yards

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
could be the missing distributor lol. maybe its cracked or warped somehow lol

Justfuz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got the same issue. Oil on the bottom side of the distributor cap and all over the tranny. I've taken it to two different dealers and they both came back with oil leaking internally and needs to be replaced. Approx. $540 at both places. I've just been adding a quart a month and getting by but I'm sure at some point I'll have to fix it.

slomotion

Banned
i had the same problem and i will save most of you some money. R.T.V.! If you apply a very, very, clean bead at the head to distributor housing surface, my bet is it wont leak any more. clean the mating surfaces to as near oil free as possible for best results, use break cleaner in a rag. unless the internal distributor seal is gone, this should do it. Justfuz, please take off your distributor cap and see for your self if it is leaking internally, dont get ripped off! I did this trick and it worked like a charm. (i put the r.t.v. on the head not the dizzyfor assembly purposes)
my2cnts. thanks

Justfuz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slomotion - thanks for the tip. I took my distributor off this weekend to double check and there was oil sitting inside the cap. After talking with a mechanic friend, he said there is no repairing the internal seals. A quick drive to the parts store, picked up a new distributor ($209) and re-installed it. Now I'm hoping I'll be leak free. I just need to spray down the motor and then check it over for leaks. I'll post an update later....

HARMON

N/A RACING
5+ Year Member
what the hell did you do to your breather hose lmao. it looks like you were to lazy to take the clamp off and just cut it off???? lmao i cant believe my eyes haha

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what the hell did you do to your breather hose lmao. it looks like you were to lazy to take the clamp off and just cut it off???? lmao i cant believe my eyes haha
OMG