question: aem cold intake

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i installed an instake in my car today (i love it!!!) but i ran into a snag. how do I anchor the CAI to the body? i am attaching a picture to give you guys a better idea. all ideas are appreciated... btw. i did use the bolt that i got from that place, but that does not fit with the hook as it a bit far... can't bend the CAI.

786mine.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never could tie that down myself. You may have to adjust and tweak it at the throttle body and align it with the hole to make it fit.

After a while, the frame put a gouge to the tube. And when I did tie it down, the tube to the throttle body came out all retarded.

I just ended up with the bolt on the first few threads of the hole to keep it from moving.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there should be a rubber mount about an inch think with threads coming out each end. one end goes into that hole the other goes to the intake and a nut holds the intake to the mount.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Werd i got the AEM V2 on my car and i couldnt attach the same thing. It is very sturdy with out so i say f**k it *weight reduction* rofl.

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
there should be a rubber mount about an inch think with threads coming out each end. one end goes into that hole the other goes to the intake and a nut holds the intake to the mount.
None man or I am blind!!! got any pictures of how you guys have done to yours?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that a real aem intake? i dont remember seeing them in that color. if you bought the aem intake brand new, it should come with a bolt with a rubber peice attach with it and a nut to mount it where that bracket is.

civic1582

CCSC #86
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say try to get something to put between the bracket and the body, buy a longer bolt if you have to and tighten down that way. I'm not at all suggesting a socket but that's the best way I guess you can picture what I'm talking about. (granted that could probably work)

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
is that a real aem intake? i dont remember seeing them in that color. if you bought the aem intake brand new, it should come with a bolt with a rubber peice attach with it and a nut to mount it where that bracket is.
It's real. It was orginally red, but painted black. (it bought it used). I don't have those, any other suggestions?

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
zip ties. thats how i got my ghetto intake tied down.

?? Not a bad idea... any other ghetto ideas?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I find this rubber mount with a screw in it, what will you give me for it? I know I might have this, but Im not gonna go through my junk for nothing. Will this make your life easier if you had this screw/rubber piece?

If you want, someone here can confirm that the piece I will find is the correct part you need.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zip ties wont work that good.. if you shift or make any movements.. the intake will hit the edge of the hole.. if you want to make it fit right, call up aem and buy the part from them.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's mine on my Y8. Maybe I can take a better photo tomorrow.

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
zip ties wont work that good.. if you shift or make any movements.. the intake will hit the edge of the hole.. if you want to make it fit right, call up aem and buy the part from them.
well my intake came in and it didnt fit at all. i had to ghetto rig it with zip ties cause it didnt match up with the fitting points that i was supposed to use. what i did was, slant a metal piece out from a nut under the hood, and the intake rests on top of that, + its ziptied, so IMO its anchored REALLY well.

try to fabricate something to rest the intake on, thats what i did. seems to hold up pretty well.

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Here's mine on my Y8. Maybe I can take a better photo tomorrow.
looks good. can you post a close up of the anchor point (and tell me what you did) and a close up of the air sensor joint?

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civic98 said:
well my intake came in and it didnt fit at all. i had to ghetto rig it with zip ties cause it didnt match up with the fitting points that i was supposed to use. what i did was, slant a metal piece out from a nut under the hood, and the intake rests on top of that, + its ziptied, so IMO its anchored REALLY well.

try to fabricate something to rest the intake on, thats what i did. seems to hold up pretty well.
sounds good.. do you have a picture of that joint?