question aobut 4 point harness

isak

5+ Year Member
does it really matter what kind of 4 point harness belt you have? or will "ebay universal 4 point harness" do?

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you know what a harness does? It holds you inside the car during a crash....most likely saving your life. If you wanna trust your life in the hands of a product sold in such a way that it doesn't have to pass any standards, then yes....and ebay harness will do.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont you also need some kind of cage for a harness? Atleast thats what I always thought.... but yea, when it comes to safety equipment, dont cheap out. It could save your life. You might not thing that now...but wait till it actually happens..

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a search, you'll find 1000 topics on this. Trust me, I'm in the process of ordering and I've already searched many times for some good threads on harnesses on CC.

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
Dont you also need some kind of cage for a harness? Atleast thats what I always thought.... but yea, when it comes to safety equipment, dont cheap out. It could save your life. You might not thing that now...but wait till it actually happens..
There's two reasons you need a full roll cage, not one of the those harness bars.

1. A cage will have the proper bars so that your harnesses will be about level with your shoulders.....where it should be.

2. If you roll your car (it does happen), and you don't have a roll cage, but you have 4-point harnesses, then you can't move to the side (what stock belts are designed to allow you to do) when your roof caves in, thus giving a high risk of snapping your neck and most likely killing you.

isak

5+ Year Member
still haven't answered my question. i am talking about material wise. are there much difference between a name brand (sparco, etc) and a ebay seat belt harness? eventhough there are differences will ebay belts do the job?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
isak said:
still haven't answered my question. i am talking about material wise. are there much difference between a name brand (sparco, etc) and a ebay seat belt harness? eventhough there are differences will ebay belts do the job?
sparco, takata, willians, etc.. harnesses are all certified by internationaly recognized safety standards. either FIA or SFI. ebay belts are probably made by a bunch of 8 yearolds with sewing machines in somalia. wich one do you want to trust your life to? they might be the same material [might], but that doesnt mean they are assembled the same.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do not get egay s**t when it comes to safety. get the real, tested and approved equipment. there is a reason that you pay a little more up front to save you in the future.

isak

5+ Year Member
wannabe said:
sparco, takata, willians, etc.. harnesses are all certified by internationaly recognized safety standards. either FIA or SFI. ebay belts are probably made by a bunch of 8 yearolds with sewing machines in somalia. wich one do you want to trust your life to? they might be the same material [might], but that doesnt mean they are assembled the same.
Word. thanks. you've answered my question.=)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wannabe said:
i dont think the sparco clubman harness is fia or sfi approved.... approved harness systems should carry a sewn in lable and more than likely dated... but yeah i agree with what you are saying ;)

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i dont think the sparco clubman harness is fia or sfi approved.... approved harness systems should carry a sewn in lable and more than likely dated... but yeah i agree with what you are saying ;)
I have one, its approved.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get a cheap harness. The cheap ones have a tendancy to loosen up gradually. My brother has a cheap Corbeau harness, and hes complained several times of it loosening up while hes driving. Hazardous

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TheWingMang said:
I have one, its approved.
a sparco harness.. or a sparco clubman harness.. sparco does have some SFI approved harness systems but i just thought the clubman was not fia or sfi approved.. not arguing just saying:D