Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no its from JEG. Well thats how i did my block =) all for 300 bucks

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
no its from JEG. Well thats how i did my block =) all for 300 bucks
def glad it worked out for you. if you ever have the chance to check out a block and pistons that has been done in the manner i said, and then compare against one that hasnt been, and you will see a distinct difference is wear pattern. alot of times its not pretty at all.:shock: but again, glad you havent had any problems.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
ok, both you guys seem to know what you're talking about but yet you differ on when to buy the pistons. Should I buy pistons then get it bored, or get it bored then buy the pistons? Also, what bore would be ideal?

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
well its up to you what bore to use. 81mm is stock and safe with just a block guard, 84 is still good if you use a "true" sleeved block from golden eagle. It boils down to what kind of power and reliability you want. As for buying pistons before or after, i will always stand buy my previous statement. choose what bore you want. buy the corresponding pistons and send them with the block to be measured and fitted to a individual cylinder.

OP its your car, but ask any one who works in a machine shop if you should bore,then finish hone, and then buy pistons to match. they will tell you its a no-no. gl

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well its up to you what bore to use. 81mm is stock and safe with just a block guard, 84 is still good if you use a "true" sleeved block from golden eagle. It boils down to what kind of power and reliability you want. As for buying pistons before or after, i will always stand buy my previous statement. choose what bore you want. buy the corresponding pistons and send them with the block to be measured and fitted to a individual cylinder.

OP its your car, but ask any one who works in a machine shop if you should bore,then finish hone, and then buy pistons to match. they will tell you its a no-no. gl

agreed

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP

:word: I found an article from Honda Tuning where they build a D for 400hp. My goal is only about 200-225, but in the article they use a z6 head which I've heard good things about already. Instead of the y8 head, now I'm thinking of goin z6. I found a few on eBay for cheap. Thoughts on that?
Here's the article link: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0607ht_turbocharged_d_series_motor/index.html

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
:word: I found an article from Honda Tuning where they build a D for 400hp. My goal is only about 200-225, but in the article they use a z6 head which I've heard good things about already. Instead of the y8 head, now I'm thinking of goin z6. I found a few on eBay for cheap. Thoughts on that?
Here's the article link: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0607ht_turbocharged_d_series_motor/index.html
nooooo ebay stuff. most of that stuff is crap. you'll spend your money twice.once to by the ebay stuff and once to get the proper quality stuff.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
nooooo ebay stuff. most of that stuff is crap. you'll spend your money twice.once to by the ebay stuff and once to get the proper quality stuff.
It looks like a good head to start with. I'm gonna try to find one locally first, but so far no one has one around me.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey hey hey now! my pipping are from ebay! my precision 6265 is from ebay!! ebay= great deal on finding stuff. also on the down fall it could be junk too! just make sure your stuff is real. ebay pipping = good. i have good result with them. 317WHP on 10PSI with ebay pipping!!! other than that, all my shiet like wastegarte, BOV, and etc is name brand.

BOV= greddy RZ
Wastegate= Tial 38mm
Injector = Rc 750CC
Turbo precision 6265
IC Pipping = Ebay!!
Intercooler = EBAY!!!
Turbo Manifold= Drag Iron Cast
Boost gauge = EBAY!!!

Ebay is good if find a good deal on Authentic things.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey man, best of luck in your search for the right stuff for this build. I too am just now thinking of boosting my engine. I want to be somewhere in the 220+ area but i have a B16.

It can be hard to find Honda parts at junkyards since they go so quickly. I know that my uncle knows of some places where they have lots of Hondas, i'll ask him to give me the name of these places since your in the Phoenix area.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Hey man, best of luck in your search for the right stuff for this build. I too am just now thinking of boosting my engine. I want to be somewhere in the 220+ area but i have a B16.

It can be hard to find Honda parts at junkyards since they go so quickly. I know that my uncle knows of some places where they have lots of Hondas, i'll ask him to give me the name of these places since your in the Phoenix area.
That would be great. I can't imagine finding a vtec head at a junkyard but anything's possible i guess