**Question to Swapped Gsr owners**

djcam954

5+ Year Member
so im swapping a b18c into my ek coupe..After researching about this, I need a direct answer from current or former Gsr owners..this arguement concerning the "IAB's" on the intake manifold, I've seen some say get rid of the stock Gsr Im and get Skunk,blox, etc but I've heard you sacrifice Tq in the lower end..

Some say To keep the stock mani to keep the 4400 & 5700(dont quote me on that) crossover..
I would like to hear people who have actually owned a gsr whether in a civic or integra and what their personal experience is..I have the motor in storage and after I send the head out to get resurfaced, I'll be putting it in.

Im looking for experienced advice, not personal opinion btw

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a AEBS manifold, i haven't got to really drive it yet to feel how it feels, i will decide if i want to switch back to the stock manifold after i see how it feels.

From what i have heard/read, the Skunk2 sucks.

djcam954

5+ Year Member
i have a AEBS manifold, i haven't got to really drive it yet to feel how it feels, i will decide if i want to switch back to the stock manifold after i see how it feels.

From what i have heard/read, the Skunk2 sucks.
Yea I've been getting mixed Responses..thats why Im posting..btw AEBS mani, how much was it??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i paid like $150 it was cheap

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was doing a search and came by this question. This is the same question I had, so lets bring this back from the dead... stock gsr intake mani vs. aftermarket

Zerovandez

5+ Year Member
I have a GSR motor in an EK with the stock intake manifold. Why still stock? It's because everything else in my car is stock. So stock ECU, cams, exhaust header, and even the muffler. Why I won't switch to a different manifold? Because I realized that when you do this, you probably want to switch out the ECU to OBD1 and get it tuned correctly for the new intake manifold. So your fuel curves need to be tuned, the vtec crossover needs to get moved. Without a tune, all of this I/H/E/C will be almost useless. If you decide to do replace your intake manifold, please do it right, get it tuned, and enjoy.

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
^^I agree pretty much what he said. I just finished this swap into my EM1 a few weeks ago. I went with the stock manifold and wired up the iabs. I kinda like the 4500 vtec crossover point. Honestly the swap was costing me enough already without spending more on an aftermarket intake mani. and tuning. If you are concerned with mpgs then I'd say mine are pretty good with the stock intake mani.