Question to tall people that drive manual civics.

K3NgSR

5+ Year Member
im around 6 feet 1 inches tall and i got into the drivers seat of a 2000 civic coupe that i was checking out. Main problem was that there was barely any leg room for me. For those who are around the same height as me, are you able to handle moving your right foot from the brake to the gas pedal. What about uphill starts on the manual? How hard is it for you, are you able to adjust to it fairly easy? my main concern with getting a civic is the lack of leg room for now i guess.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All of my friends are 6 feet and taller...they all fit into civics fine.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eh, I'm 6'1" and I've never had any trouble fitting into any generation Civic.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I mean, they don't have any problems with leg room

Did you have the seat adjusted all the way back..?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends on how fat your legs are, how low you like the steering wheel, and where you rest your legs when not shifting?

I am 6'1 and 215, and it all works fine for me

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm 6' and I fit fine. Just move your seat back and put the wheel high enough to move your knees.

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6' here too and dont have any problems. Maybe your legs grew disproportionally to your body. hah

I really hate the back seats of EK coupes though. I think I'd rather lay down in the trunk.

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm 6'1 and have never had any problems with leg room, in fact I find it more spacious than some other cars I have driven.

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm 6' tall driving a coupe, never had problems with the legroom, there's also plenty of room in the back too, my friends never complained at all. BUT it's just a little hard to reach 3rd and 5th gear with stock shifter for me, that's why i got a dual bend short shifter.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm 6'3" and 200lbs.

The distance to the shifter with the seat all the way back was a bit awkward in the Civic. Installing a Hurst shifter made it a little better.

No such problems in the Integra.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never had any issues in my civic.

My RSX is much more comfortable for me though. I'm 6'1". Maybe it's the lower set seats that make it better. Dunno.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it all depends on how....big....you are. there was a guy who owned a corola. he was 6ft 2 and wieghed about 300 pounds.. he had to bend the shifter so it wouldnt hit his leg. he barely fit in the car. really it all depends on how much of a large person you are.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im 6'2", 240lbs or so, and I have no problems what-so-ever. Granted, I have a 00 sedan, but still. Coupe's dont have any less room in the drivers seat. Hell, even when I put my seat all the way back, thats too far back for me. I have it 2-3 clicks from the back. Just make sure the wheel is all the way up. Ever tried driving a car w/the steering wheel in your crotch? It sucks....when making turns, if your not carefull, a hand can cause some real pain...if you get what Im saying. :lol:

Black99Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
6'1" 185 pds. No problems at all driving a coupe. and I have the steering wheel adjusted all the way down.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6'2" here, shifting is no problem, leg room is decent. i have no problems driving my civic

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am 5'7" and I have no problems here.