Question to tall people that drive manual civics.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm 5'6" and I look huge in my hatch, can't imagine how you guys look who are 6'6"

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im about 6'3" and about 270 and i fit in my car fine. its a 97 coupe

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
\...Just make sure the wheel is all the way up. Ever tried driving a car w/the steering wheel in your crotch? It sucks....when making turns, if your not carefull, a hand can cause some real pain...if you get what Im saying. :lol:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Ever try to get into a pre-97 F-150 that doesn't have tilt? I have to wedge my thigh under that steering wheel :lol:
Pre-87 Chevrolet trucks are worse. They've got about 28 inches of leg room and 48 inches of head room. Makes you wonder what kind of mutant those were designed for. 6'8" with a 26 inch inseam? :rolf:

I'm 5'6" and I look huge in my hatch, can't imagine how you guys look who are 6'6"
AWWW! I can't find the picture of Melt in his 4th gen....I swear his knees were even with the dash vents. :lol:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lol i can't find the pic of melt mobbin down the highway in his old 4gen... it looked like he was sitting in the back seat

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im bout 6'1 or so and about 240lbs and im good in my car .. then again mines auto..

but i have driven a manual 5th gen civic and didnt have any problem.. i just have the seat the whole way back.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hehe some of you are literally TWICE my size :lol:

ryanM

i'm like 6' give or take, 155lbs

theres PLENTY of room in my civic. i have a friend who's 7' 0" and he fits in my S13 no problem (if you havent been in one, their smaller than a civic..)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im 7'6 and i fit into my 7g just fine ;)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im 6'2" and with my stock seat, it was back all the way, then forward 1 click and fairly straight up, my problem was my legs are longer then my arms, and if i get in a comfortable position for my legs, i cant reach the steering wheel comfortable with my arms.

That was with stock seats.

I now have Tom Motorsports CF buckets, on buddy club ultra low pro seat rails, witht he seats mounted as low as they'll go, and i find the driving position very comfortable, my legs are more straight out and forward, and i can still reach the steering wheel.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im 6'2" and with my stock seat, it was back all the way, then forward 1 click and fairly straight up, my problem was my legs are longer then my arms, and if i get in a comfortable position for my legs, i cant reach the steering wheel comfortable with my arms.

All airbag equipped cars are like that. :what: My Mazda has tilt/telescopic and I have it pulled towards me a little bit.

The shifter on the Cobalt/G5 feels too far back after driving a Honda. 5th gear feels like about where 4th would be on a Honda.

Drive a '70s car with the deep dish steering wheel and it seems like the steering wheel is right on your chest. It just feels WAY too close. :lol: