question with oil? no oil change for 15k miles??

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone know if these things are legit? Mobil 1 has oil that goes for 15k miles...ive gotten it before but ive changed it after 3000 miles

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone know if these things are legit? Mobil 1 has oil that goes for 15k miles...ive gotten it before but ive changed it after 3000 miles
people debate this subject constantly.. do a good search and you'll understand... you get into here and you'll get 100 different answers.. i personally think even with "15K" mile oil.. id still change after 7500... just my personal opinion..

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
people debate this subject constantly.. do a good search and you'll understand... you get into here and you'll get 100 different answers.. i personally think even with "15K" mile oil.. id still change after 7500... just my personal opinion..

Jolting

When you do the oil change just look at how dirty the oil is after various intervals. I know my oil looks black as hell after 5k compared to 3.5-4k. So I go for the 3-3.5k range. No way will I let that stuff sit in there being that bad.

SuperDanny

i used to use that stuff, i usually changed it at about 10,000, sometimes more, i ran it in my jeep and my civic, now i just run normal synthetic and run it to about 5000 miles, it would be dark but the viscosity was still good. if anything it has a guarantee, if your engine blows up, i guess you'll have a new one (dont know how much bullshit you would have to go through though)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im sure if you pair it off with an oil filter that can handle high mileage without changing the oil you should be ok..unless your turboed, then you should be changing your oil often if you want your turbo to last

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ran it for 9k and it seemed like it still had a decent more it could go. problem is, find a filter that will do that. i went back to regular though, better to be safe than sorry. especially since a oild change only consumes like 15 dollars and 30 minutes of your time

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ran it for 9k and it seemed like it still had a decent more it could go. problem is, find a filter that will do that. i went back to regular though, better to be safe than sorry. especially since a oild change only consumes like 15 dollars and 30 minutes of your time
what i did when i was running 7500 miles was pop my filter off halfway through and spin on a new one... add a bit of oil and keep on rockin till 7500 miles ;-)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i decided to be daring and went liike 10k straight

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
o.o
yea i always get the mobil 1 longer protection oil filter too. I want to try it. Im going to start out at 5k and see what happens :D

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go for it. if you notice it getting weird just change it then

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
People say you can change your oil every 7,500, but do you drive your car like the principal did that owned mine before i bought it? No, im guessing not. Harsh Use breaks down oil faster, so stick with your original plan and do it every 3,000.