question

dsettle1312

my mom has a 2005 honda civic ex special edition. i think the motor is a D17A2. anyways she came home today and said a light came on, its the airbag/seatbealt light. the car has been wrecked before. wasn't sure how to fix whatever the problem is? any ideas?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u need to take it to a mechanic so he may check the air bags and make sure they are in working conditions. safety first

Gunner

Registered VIP
Also check your fuses, could be a short also..but like mentioned above if your not familiar with cars just take it to be looked at..could be a little thing or might be something major.

dsettle1312

yeah i know that airbag isnt something to f**k with. just wanted to see if it was something special. the airbag isnt going to randomly go off is it? lol

CustomCreations

Hey if your vehicle hs been wrecked before and it blows the airbags, it burns the fuse inside the airbag brain.... or airbag computer. This cause the short ensuring the airbags only deploy once and also ensures you have a new system ready next time by destroying the old system. Its a safty thing. If the Brain was not replaced for the airbags and your still using the old one it will throw a code bringing on your airbag light. Hope that helps out, check to see if your airbags are new and ready to use, then it could be something as simple as a bad connection in your seat belt buckle. =)