Question

CRXsleeper

5+ Year Member
Hi I'm new here and I just bought a 91 CRX Si with a B16 swap. My question is when I drive 80mph on the highway in 5th gear my RPM is a little above 4000. Is this normal? What is the peak RPM for this engine? I have seen different numbers from 7500 to 8200.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I had my si I always felt like I need an extra gear. I don't know for a fact that is normal, but I think thats about right...

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah at cruising speed they do rev a little high... its normal and its just something you have to get used to. That is unless of course you want to start swapping out transmission parts.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're lucky. Sounds like you have a JDM Y1 tranny. In 5th @ 80 mph my engine is in the 5000 rpm vicinity...thats because I have a JDM S1 tranny. (I broke my original Y1)
Redline on a stock B16 is 8200

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my zc is the same way.....in 5th at 80 mph its at 4,000 rpms.........i love it though....it lets me know im not stock lol.....

at yes as posted above redline is 8200 for b16....

CRXsleeper

5+ Year Member
red_EF9si said:
You're lucky. Sounds like you have a JDM Y1 tranny. In 5th @ 80 mph my engine is in the 5000 rpm vicinity...thats because I have a JDM S1 tranny. (I broke my original Y1)
Redline on a stock B16 is 8200
Yeah the guy that I bought it from put lots of money into it and sold it to me for $4500...I have yet to find out why...it has 17" Konig Rims with slicks, Sparco Seats with 5-point harnesses, 7 in. 6 disc Flip out DVD player/Navi with a B16 swap, AEM cold air intake and 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, also with a Black/Red metallic paintjob recenlty done/Nearly Flawless body

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so wheres pic's?ill like to see it.i think we would all like to see pic's.