Questions -__-

RemovableGap

Hey guys,

I have a few questions. One of the questions is that i know that some series can have parts from other series like H and F work together. I was wondering if a B series transmission would work with a D series motor?

The next question is i have a d16y5 and some videos on youtube show that is can handle 10psi stock with a turbo. If i build the head with cam,cam gear, Valves and springs and retainers And intake manifold, Throttle body and injectors, would it be able to handle 10psi safely of would i have to buy pistons and connecting arms,ect?

Thank you guys, You guys know more then me so i didn't wanna stay up all night thinking about this.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No to the transmission mix without some kind of custom adapter plate to make it work.

For the turbo stuff, it depends on the setup and the tune. 10psi on a t25 turbo is bitching like 10psi on a gt35r turbo. Slings like you have a lot to learn about turbocharging.

RemovableGap

Yeah i was thinking like a ball bearing turbo because the have a lot of high end power, And alrigghtt, But if i do build the top end and get a gt35 would the rest of the motor be able to handle it?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on mileage and condition of ur engine...

Save ur money...

RemovableGap

The condition of my engine is mint. 20k on the motor and it's really clean inside and out. Would the rest of the motor be able to handle it though?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Google is your friend. I personally wouldn't run over 200whp on a stock D16 but thats cuz I'm not rich and I pnly have one car. Those d16 rods are weaksauce. Some people have run in the mid 200whp and even higher on a stock d16 with great tunes but I wouldn't trust it. Just save up and get pistons rods, are studs, better valvetrain and boost the s**t out of it. Boost is addictive anyway so you'd just be itching to raise the boost every day lol

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd be more worried about making sure the block can handle the problem first rather than the head..arp head studs are a must

RemovableGap

I live in a small town with a lot of cops everywhere so I'm not planing on going fast everywhere. So i might as well buy rods and pistons and rings and head studs too, I'm not plaining on going over 10psi, I just wanna keep up with my brothers integra lol. I'm doing research right now on the block to see if it can hold it. I will let you guys know.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A built motor can hold plenty of power. And again, you shouldn't focus on a set psi of boost due to the huge variances in power from one turbo to the next.

D-series.org will have tons of boosted single cams from the 200whp range to 450+

emerican

Registered VIP
If you create an account on d series.org do lots of reasearch search the site and only make threads for stuff that simply cannot be found they are known to not be very new person friendly.