Questions. Everyone has them. Mine is about ECUs.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, yeah. I'm back, and I need a question answered. I'm a poor college student, so I want to be sure I am making the correct decision when it comes to making an essential purchase for my car. But first, let me explain the situation.

When I bought this car it had a B16A2 swap already done (done very well, I might add). It also had an OBD1 Integra ecu in it, for a better fuel map.

Now, when I tried to get this inspected, there was an obvious problem with the diagnostics machine. I need an OBD2 ecu.

Whatever, I can do that. Not a big deal.

Well, the problem is now that I've waited way too damn long to take care of this, and I now have a definite goal to get this problem fixed by the end of the year. I also, don't have much money so I can't just go willy nilly and spend a bunch of it. This needs to be right the first time.

Long story short. THE REAL QUESTION!!

-What ECUs would I be able to use effectively in my 98 HX with a B16A2 swap? It would be great if it wouldn't throw any CEL's as well.

Thank You.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
P2t

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be completely honest.

The easiest way is to get a OBD2A Integra LS ecu.

Pop it in there... no conversion harness necessary and it will pass just fine.

Then after inspection just put the OBD1 stuff back in there.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be completely honest.

The easiest way is to get a OBD2A Integra LS ecu.

Pop it in there... no conversion harness necessary and it will pass just fine.

Then after inspection just put the OBD1 stuff back in there.
Thanks for the advice. Its a definite possibility.

The conversion harness that was used for the OBD1-OBD2 is not the best, though, and I'll have to fix a wiring problem to begin with to pass inspection anyway. So, I'm hoping that I can find a suitable replacement and not have to go back to OBD1. But if need be I can do that.

Any other ideas?