Quick and easy tuning/mapping question

bunsen10

hi to all, new to forum so thsanks for having me, nce quick easy question i think, all i have been reading is the 8th gen 1.8 type s 2007 year has no room for gains with a simple map or filter job, could anyone share there thoughts and knowledge.
have you had a map or tuning ?
was it for performsance or better mpg or both?
was it worth it ?
if yes, where did you go or recommend as a trusted source ( im based in suffolk )

i dont intend on modding my car much due funds ( naff job/pay) but would like to do something if its worth it.

thank you kindly in advance to any who shares there time to advise, thanks

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Gotta love the English, always so polite. In that case Im assuming your 07 Civic Type S is the hatchback (per google). This is from what I gather from a bit of googling the specs is its a downgraded Type R package. So you dont get the engine or the suspension that the R comes with. But you do get the 6 speed manual transmission which in my opinion is great.

Honda has done a phenomenal job in squeezing about as much power out of their NA engines as possible. So simple bolt ons or a reflash of the ECU isn't going to net much of a HP gain. The old math was for NA engines, $1000/10hp. That's why aftermarket forced induction has always been so appealing for the Honda group, the math changes to about $1000/40hp.

So simply for you I would actually forgo doing any power modifications and start with suspension. Because the more you power you can actively transfer to the ground the faster you will be.

bunsen10

hi, lol, manners are free unlike the rest of life, thanks for ya feedback, whats ya thoughts on a kn 57i filter, purely for sound as tuning as confimed is pointlee for the money

tints, lowering (slightly ) kn filter, and a bit vinyl wrap inernally with a gaitor and knob, thats the plan now

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hi, lol, manners are free unlike the rest of life, thanks for ya feedback, whats ya thoughts on a kn 57i filter, purely for sound as tuning as confimed is pointlee for the money tints, lowering (slightly ) kn filter, and a bit vinyl wrap inernally with a gaitor and knob, thats the plan now
Reading your post is difficult, makes me want to pull the white hairs out of my beard. Anyhow if its the sound you want and it makes you happy, go for it. I am sure you will get the forum consensus about interior vinyl wrap though. Most people today tend to swing towards the OE stock appearance, what has been coined as as the "CLEAN" look.

But I figure if you do anything in moderation and it looks good them go for it. Also you are the only one that has to drive it, so do what makes you happy.