quick dumb question

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had to trade in my old civic. Found it a few weeks for sale at some joe blow dealer. any way to find out who the buyer was?

Dealer would not give me any info, which was expected.:word:

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to possibly buy it back.. Fat chance I know, but eh.. its worth a shot

RonJ

Banned
Why not shop for a very similar Civic? Just curious, what's the special attachment to your previous Civic?

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not shop for a very similar Civic? Just curious, what's the special attachment to your previous Civic?
huge attatchment...lots of memories, lots of money invested etc..
kinda like the papa johns pizza guy and his camaro.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is understandable the the dealer didn't give the information out. I believe that it is illegal. How are they to know if you are serious about what you are doing? What if you had extra keys and wanted to track it down to steal it? They could get in big trouble.

It isn't possible unless you know someone that can access DMV records. Even then they could get in BIG trouble and it is still illegal IIRC.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good point I didnt even think of that.. guess im out of luck then..

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
drive around the area and look for it.
Find a different salesmen and act like you were interested in it. chat for a little bit and he might slip some info.
ie. that car went to a guy upstate.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I was in the same situation that the OP is in. I sold a truck right after high school that was my first vehiclethat I turned it into a lowrider mini truck. I ended up selling it to go to college. I regretted it big time. After college I tried to hunt it down. I looked into carfax. All I could get out of it was how many title changes it had been through, how many accidents (they have to be claimed off insurance to even register), etc. It didn't get me anywhere.

Unless things have changed, carfax will only give you minor details. It won't go into major details or give personal information.