quick question about climate control cores

moebiius

5+ Year Member
i decided to clean out my blower and heater cores, I scraped off all of the old foam lining that was dry and corroded from the years of use, question is where can i buy the replacement sticky foam strips for the vents? can i use the home depot ones? what about the foam insert filters for the baffles? any ideas would be appreciated! thanks!

AMF

i decided to clean out my blower and heater cores, I scraped off all of the old foam lining that was dry and corroded from the years of use, question is where can i buy the replacement sticky foam strips for the vents? can i use the home depot ones? what about the foam insert filters for the baffles? any ideas would be appreciated! thanks!
yeah, the home depo ones r fine.... just make sure you get the right kind or close to it... i use alot of home depo stuff that work good as f**k or even better.... i like to use the industrial strength double sided tape with the red plastic on it to fixate my front lip, that s**t sticks too good.... lol

moebiius

5+ Year Member
What about the foam filter pads? If I don't get the right one will it mess up my blower? Has there been an instance where that ever happened? Which ones are good and which ones are bad, that's more of a concern than the sticky foam strip linings