Quick Question

decadence1

5+ Year Member
I love the civic, its the most reliable car in the world. Its my 3rd one. Here is my question- I just bought a 2005 Civic less than a year ago-and it had low miles, 31400. I looked at the maintenace schedule, and it says for transmission fluid change, change 60,000 miles or 3 years. Its almost 5 years old now, and i dont think the tranny fluid has ever been changed. Is the mileage more a factor or can I go to 60,000 before i change it? Thanks guys!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if its a automatic it wouldn't hurt to do a quick drain and fill yourself honda automatic transmissions suck.

CdnCIVICdriver

5+ Year Member
It's not just mileage but time that will cause it to degrade over time. It's like they say ... every 3000 miles or 3 months for oil changes. ATF is cheap, transmissions aren't. Get the service done now and save yourself the time. You're worried enough that you're posting on here so I'd get it done for peace of mind.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
I should probably get on that too, guy from valvoline told me they recomend 60,000 miles for tranny fluid change...I'm at 80,000...I should probably get that changed too lol