quick question

seabeeunit87

5+ Year Member
on the ex manaul trans. how much can each gear take?? whats the max rpm each gear can take before u nead to shift? how many mph can it each take?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i belive its untill the needle goes into the red part...

ryanM

they all go to the same rpm...

umm, mph...i know 3rd goes to about 90 and 4th goes to 125, i dont really pay attention to 1st and second.

seaman

5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:

umm, mph...i know 3rd goes to about 90 and 4th goes to 125, i dont really pay attention to 1st and second.
You reached 125 MPH in 4th gear with a Civic EX ? We don't have the same car for sure.....:?:

seaman

5+ Year Member
seabeeunit87 said:
yea damn 4th gear at 125? thats crazy!!

Ok, well I'll try this when I'll be over 5000 km on my Civic, but so far I only reached about 170 km/h on highway, and I did not feel like there was much power left....

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seabeeunit87 said:
on the ex manaul trans. how much can each gear take?? whats the max rpm each gear can take before u nead to shift? how many mph can it each take?

This is actually explained in your user manual, if you have a manual transmission then you have something called a rev limiter if you want to see how high your car can rev just get in put it in 1st gear and go until you feel the power cuts out and feels like its pulsing. Tah puls is yor rev limiter stoping you from reving any higher. I don't recomed doing it often but doing it just to see how high you can rev wont kill your car. for example my car red lines at 8K but the rev limiter dosent kick in until 8.5k

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seabeeunit87 said:
I believe the max RPM each gear can take is 200-500 rpm over your redline; that's when the rev limiter kicks in and prevents you from reving any higher to avoid engine damage. Max mph on each gear, I wouldn't know :???:
LongGrain said:

You sure you're going by mph? Cause 125 mph would be freaking crazy in 4th! (125 kmph = ~78 mph) The highest I've hit in fourth gear is 100 mph and that's almost at redline.
King Bob said:
This is actually explained in your user manual, if you have a manual transmission then you have something called a rev limiter if you want to see how high your car can rev just get in put it in 1st gear and go until you feel the power cuts out and feels like its pulsing. Tah puls is yor rev limiter stoping you from reving any higher. I don't recomed doing it often but doing it just to see how high you can rev wont kill your car. for example my car red lines at 8K but the rev limiter dosent kick in until 8.5k
Have you actually taken your car past the 8K mark and/or hit the limiter of 8.5K?

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DuH-ReL said:
You sure you're going by mph? Cause 125 mph would be freaking crazy in 4th! (125 kmph = ~78 mph) The highest I've hit in fourth gear is 100 mph and that's almost at redline.Have you actually taken your car past the 8K mark and/or hit the limiter of 8.5K?
Yeah, highest in 4th is around 100 mph because it just about hits 8k right there. And I've taken my car to 8.5k (accidentally while in 2nd gear, hehe :D;; ) and I didn't hit the limiter...

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why should you even have to ask I found out when I left the dealership and they all go the same when the needle hits red. quit being a b***h and drive the car .

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you hit redline on a BRAND SPANKIN new car off the lot?....smart move...:roll: