quick questions

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
are civic ex brakes (calipers and rotors) bigger or different then the civic dx or cx? the front

akdasniper

5+ Year Member
yes they are bigger... im not sure of the exact mesurments though...

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think you'll notice a difference, but I'm not too sure though. And is it really worth the money to upgrade to something NOT much bigger?

-Jason

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heyyy arnt you on sai?? oh and as they said the ex break caliper and rotor are bigger, but if you realy want to upgread get an si caliper and rotor, or just buy a brembo blank and get some good pads / steel breaded breaklines

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
cole said:
heyyy arnt you on sai?? oh and as they said the ex break caliper and rotor are bigger, but if you realy want to upgread get an si caliper and rotor, or just buy a brembo blank and get some good pads / steel breaded breaklines
yeah im on sai thanks for all the responses.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cole said:
yep...you can go with ex/si/integra rotors and si/integra calipers....all bolt right up to your DX...make sure to do the rear discs too...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chadi said:
but the pads are the same from the gsr to a civic...
wrong. as far as the front, the integra has a larger caliper (which calls for a larger pad), trust me I converted from ex to teggy front stuff. As far as the front, id go dx -> teggy. Its a fairly noticeable difference. As far as the rear, get any 92-00 civic, 93-97 delsol, or 90-01 integra setup (they are all the same).

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
wrong. as far as the front, the integra has a larger caliper (which calls for a larger pad), trust me I converted from ex to teggy front stuff. As far as the front, id go dx -> teggy. Its a fairly noticeable difference. As far as the rear, get any 92-00 civic, 93-97 delsol, or 90-01 integra setup (they are all the same).

thanks for the info. i like ur set up well from whut i can see the koni yellows with the asr subframe and itr sway.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chadi said:
i just get an error :what: Trust me, I put both pads next to each other, the integra front calipers are noticeablely large than the civic.

Vitamin_EK9 said:
thanks for the info. i like ur set up well from whut i can see the koni yellows with the asr subframe and itr sway.
no prob. Thanks, its been a long process, but overall im very satifisied with it.

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
i just get an error :what: Trust me, I put both pads next to each other, the integra front calipers are noticeablely large than the civic.

no prob. Thanks, its been a long process, but overall im very satifisied with it.
nice cant wait 2 start on mine just need 2 pay some of my dept first. lol

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vitamin_EK9 said:
nice cant wait 2 start on mine just need 2 pay some of my dept first. lol
cool, what are you going with? What are your plans for suspension / brakes? Let me know if you have any questions.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yup yup teggy front's are bigger.

sk7shorty017 said:
cool, what are you going with? What are your plans for suspension / brakes? Let me know if you have any questions.
Listen to this man, he's the s**t :lol: ;).

Vitamin_EK9

I Do This
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
right now i have koni yellows with neuspeed springs and skunk2 front and rear camber kits.

i want 2 change 2 ground control coils and put the energy suspension bushings, and front and rear sways the subframe and function7 lca's maybe even the emracing braces to.
as for brakes ill just look for si or gsr calipers and ill order the brembos then just add si rears.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vitamin_EK9 said:
right now i have koni yellows with neuspeed springs and skunk2 front and rear camber kits.

i want 2 change 2 ground control coils and put the energy suspension bushings, and front and rear sways the subframe and function7 lca's maybe even the emracing braces to.
as for brakes ill just look for si or gsr calipers and ill order the brembos then just add si rears.

sounds golden to me, yeah I have koni yellows with eibach pro-kit. For the last couple months ive been debating whether to change it up to the ground controls, but actually choose to stay with the eibach pro kit (even though both springs are made by eibach). I wanted a stiffer spring rate since Im heading toward auto-x, not so much the adjustability of coilovers, but then actually decided to stay with the rates I have now after reading various articles. I have the front sway bar setup off my 99 EX if you want it (22mm) since I dont think yours come with one (you have a DX right?). As far as the rear, I got my JDM ITR bar (23mm) off eBay (authentic) for $100. The function7 lcas are nice, but merely a BLING factor, I got my omni lcas via a trade - its not something I work purchase normally. As far as I know, the si calipers are also the same size as the EX in the front, but the integra are the ones that are larger in the front.