Quiet rod knock..Will changing bearings fix it?

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
I have 164k miles on my stock d16y7. The car isn't raced. It is 100% stock and only a daily driver. I did not run out of oil. It does have a rod knock though. VERY UNNOTICEABLE. It CANNOT be heard when your are inside the car at all, or driving it. It took me about 2 weeks to notice it. It can only be heard if I stick my head under the hood, rev the engine up (to about 4k) and play with the throttle by letting the idle drop to 3k and quickly bringing it back to 4-4.5k. It is only slightly audible while I am on the throttle.

PS. I KNOW what rod knock sound like as I've spun some bearings in the past in my other cars that I used to race.

It doesn't act like a spun bearing, it acts like a bearing with some play. I don't want to wait until I spin a bearing and score the crank to the point where it needs to be re-ground. Would I be able to get away with putting some new bearings in the engine? I feel like selling this car and getting it out of my hands :(.

What are the part numbers for the bearings?

Thanks

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you selling it would be a scram as move for the next guy. i say take the motor apart and fix it now before anything worst happens. do a comp test and change the internals on that cylinder. at least thats wat i'd do if i'd noticed something early on like that