Quietest Exhaust

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can a flowmaster muffler be purchases alone at a mieneke or sumthin? i am thinkin about getting a muffler alone since the person i bought my car from put on brand new piping but wanted a "sleeper" and left the stock muffler on. also...where does a testpipe go? does it replace the cat converter and make it become a "straight pipe"?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You are correct about the test pipe and I would not buy a muffler off a shop like that b/c they will charge you up the ass. Just buy it online and bring it to them to put it on.

And try to find a local exhaust shop b/c they usually do cheaper install then big shops like Midas and Meineke.

nissin67

Hatch-it!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My exhaust tip does not have holes for silencer, do I need to drill holes to the tip?

If I get a silencer on ebay, the bolt on silencers, do I need to drill holes on the exhaust tip?

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My mugen twin loop is so quiet I honestly forget it's there sometimes.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how comparable is the obx twinloop knockoff to the mugen?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to me as long as it does its job and it lasts' then its good for me..im not baller enough to rock real mugen parts anyways =( but i've never heard a real mugen muffler before..just alot of the obx ones and the
'no name' branded ones

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i take it that was your car in the video you posted? is that a clip of the obx twinloop?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow thanks for that vid, it sounds nice and not too loud!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a video clip of my car i did for someone awhile back who wanted to know how the type s bov and the twin loop sounded like so since i had both i did it for him..
sounds alot better in person i'll get a new one up soon