QwikXRs '96 CX HB "C'muter"

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
QwikXRs '96 CX HB "C'muter" ***PHOTO INTENSIVE THREAD**

EDIT:
I know there are pages with red X pictures.. I'm working on that. ;)

Finally took some pics of it..
Yesterday, I slapped some 2pc. BBS RM 15x6.5 wheels on it that I had in the garage, and cleaned the extremely filthy engine bay.. I just got this car Wednesday..

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Got my BRIDE Brix II's today, too.. I'll try to get them installed tomorrow..
Ordered suspension, adj. control arms, too.
CF VIS hood, CF SiR rear wing, SiR front/rear lip will be ordered this coming week..

96Civic_Coupe

Panda Breeder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how did u clean the engine bay? and what did u cover?

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Makes a big difference, can't wait to see it dropped :thumbs up

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
radarblips said:
Makes a big difference, can't wait to see it dropped :thumbs up
Yah, me too! :lol:

I dont want to do much of anything to the engine, as it IS a commuter, 130 miles/day.. I need the fuel mileage!

But, if I can find wiring info, I want to install my S-AFC, and lean it out some, to help with the fuel economy.. Just havent found a schematic to show the wiring..

As for what I used to clean it, I bought some awesome degreaser at Costco.. Probably the best Ive ever used in my 38 yrs of living.. It's called 'Oil Eater'..
I covered up nothing. Didn't even scrub anything.. Sprayed it on, waited about 3 minutes, then sprayed it off with the hose on jet-stream..
Word of warning: It's evil on raw aluminum.. turned the aluminum stuff kinda whitish crusty layer :shock: . But it wiped right down, in my case.. I'd say it's quite aggressive! Scared me at first..

After it air-dried, I just sprayed the black plastic pieces and hosed down with a conditioner, somewhat like Armor-All. You see the end result! ;)

VolcomMag

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so ur saying u sprayed EVERYTHING under ur hood with the stuff.......waited like 3 minutes......and just Hosed everything right off......without covering nething?

What is Costco?.....i might have to buy some of this "stuff"

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Costco is like...an outlet store. Damn that thing is DESPERATE for a slam!!

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yah, Costco is like Sams Wholesale - membership required..

99 - tell me about it! I can't wait to get it dropped..

ct00si

soon to be boosted EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy s**t is all i can say

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not my choice in rims, but otherwise you have some good plans....

You are getting more done this week then some people get done in a year.... :lol:

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heh.. The 'choice of wheels' was what I had in the garage, already. The offest is incorrect and will cause an issue when the drop takes place.. They are 35et offset. The only nice thing about them on the honda, is that they are light (11 lbs), two-piece BBS, and all four tires match and are new!
They are also an easy sale, to get new wheels, as they are VERY sought after in the VW world, let alone, rare as hell!

In the condition they are, 6-700USD is fairly common. If I refurb'd them, they commonly go for 12-1400, no tires. MAtter of fact, I've seen quite a few dozen sets, refurb'd, go for 17-1800 shipped! Nuts, I tell ya.. I'd never pay that much for wheels.. But I'd damned sure sell 'em for that :lol:
42 - I see you have a 240sx.. A very good friend of mine has a '92 hatch 240 that he is currently installing an RB25DET and I think a six-hole trans! Gonna be sick sick sick...

And to get back to the wheels, when I purchase new ones, they'll have to be real light, as I want to keep as much rotating mass off the car, to preserve the fuel economy.. ;)

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good...

needs a drop quick but i see you got that already oder and other stuff keep us updated....

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99GSRHatch said:
Costco is like...an outlet store. Damn that thing is DESPERATE for a slam!!
get off your horse of being SLAMMED....... :roll: goddamn.

anyways,your bay looks perfect,well done.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like your doing good things but im not feeling the rims and that fa show!

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats cool that you can get some good money for those rims.... ;)

Yeah, that S13 will be damn fast when it is done.... :drool:

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yah, hate 'em if ya want to.. They didn't cost me a friggin penny! :P
But when I get ready to install suspension, well.. Then I'll be shelling out coin.. Might get some slipstreams.. Def needs to be light light light..

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I searched all over, today, for my friggin SAFC.. I guess my old ass misplaced it.. :roll: I was wanting to install it today, too.. Go figure..
Anyway, thought I'd snap a couple of pics of the new buckets..

I need to find some mounting brackets now..

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Since I cant edit a post, I wanted to make a correction to the first post: These aren't BRIDE Brix II's, but rather BRIDE ERGO II's..

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn you, I want those seats... :drool: