Race....? questions help....

zack_18

5+ Year Member
just wondering will a stock nissan sentra se-r spec v take a stock civic si. I fount out thet the 0-6 on the si is like 7 sec. and the exact 0-6 on the se-r spec v is like 7.5 sec. the thing is the se-r spec v has like 180hp and 185ft-lbs i think and the si has like what 160hp and like 127 ft-lbs. what car would win? thanks alot guys....:suprise:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how heavy is a se-r? both stick? how good are the drivers?

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why are you always racing people? Thats gay, just race if you lose you lose and you learn.

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SE-R, most likely. Unless you race from a roll.. the B16 might take that considering the B16 blows at low rpms.

zack_18

5+ Year Member
nah im not racing anyone with one im about to buy one i think and yea a six speed tranny. I guess ill find out which ones faster between my si or my spec v. thanks guys.

zack_18

5+ Year Member
oh yea and what you don't race audio? I mean if not whats the sense or even putting a dollar into your motor unless its a broken down OEM replacement.... any ways racing is a hobby of mine and yes i do only keep it on the track.

ryanM

oh yea and what you don't race audio? I mean if not whats the sense or even putting a dollar into your motor unless its a broken down OEM replacement.... any ways racing is a hobby of mine and yes i do only keep it on the track.
why do you ask us if your going to win then?

just go race...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t, you will always lose some, that is just part of it, do it for fun.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Autocross...race against the clock???

zack_18

5+ Year Member
yea nah i was just wondering becuase some people say the si will win and many say the spec v will win. I will race them both once i buy the spec v. my si isnt stock though but ill see how the ser spec v hangs.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alot depends on the driver and his reaction time. build a better motor and you won't have to worry about loosing.
x2 with just racing. loosing is part of racing, it happens from time to time. even if you have the fastest car in the world, your bound to loose eventually. just worry about your car, and you should be fine, especially if it's just a hobby. big time racers have something to worry about, because they build cars just for racing, and are drag cars.

jdm98coupe

JDM H22A with LSD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
power to weight ratio....overall just run em and see what happens who cars if u win or lose, just go to the track and do it and have fun.

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
new se-r's look like grocery getters. Just build up your si. even if the se r beats you u still win because you don't look like a 16 yr old girl in her first car

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just wondering will a stock nissan sentra se-r spec v take a stock civic si. I fount out thet the 0-6 on the si is like 7 sec. and the exact 0-6 on the se-r spec v is like 7.5 sec. the thing is the se-r spec v has like 180hp and 185ft-lbs i think and the si has like what 160hp and like 127 ft-lbs. what car would win? thanks alot guys....:suprise:
the se-r will the first car off the line
its got alot of torque too and 6 speeds

the civic is a lighter car tho.
and it makes it's power where the Se-r doesnt.(high rpm)
even though it lacks torque, it stands a big chance.

if both drivers are good, it will be a good race.
i think the Se-r would win tho. GL!
what type of tires are they running on?

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The civic will lose straight up. Se-R's are fast, though they dont look it.

And yes, I don't race against anyone, I just drive for the fun of it.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neither of them will take off.