Racing seats in ES1?

tjcharm

i have a 2003 ES1 its silver and i was thinking about putting the cheapest model of sparco racing seats in the front and leaving stock seat belts. is this at all safe? the seats in it now have airbags. but will that make a big difference in a crash because i think the sparco's with pretect the side of my head in a side impact a little better. and also prevent me from swinging my neck left to right in a crash. but do i nead a harness. and if i do is it safe to use a harness on the street everyday?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it will be fine with stock belts, but it would be better with a harness. and the seats will be fine only problem will be if it does in fact have airbags in the seats, your are going to trigger the airbag light when you disconnect the wires. but you can always take the cluster out and pull the bulb for the airbag light

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not necessarily safe if your using a harness bar without a roll cage the harness bar will prevent your seat from going backwards in a rollover if you combine that with a say a five point racing belt that means your body is given no movement so basically your head will be crushed like a melon.