radar detectors

civic09si

5+ Year Member
so within the next few weeks im planning on buying a radar detector.. im not sure whats good and whats not.. thing is i dont wanna spend allll THAT much on one but then again i dont want a cheap one that goes off with electronic doors and s**t like that.. anyone know whats good/bad?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a cobra 10 band. i paid... 55? i couldve gotten a cobra 6 band for 35... which works the same. i would have went w the 6 if i could do it over.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ good man.

Honestly, they'll all pick up doors and s**t. There are programmable ones (obviously a bit more) that once the pick up a false alarm once they won't again. I have a little ass 9 band Cobra from like 2 years ago and it's perfectly fine. I leave it on CITY mode, unlike most people.. because it filters out false alarms (like doors).. with just one beep, instead of pissing me off. Picks up all K/Ka alerts just fine. And we don't have Laser over here yet.. not that those would matter with a detector anyways.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've got the cheapest detector by far. dont speed

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are a waste of money cause once it bounces off your car guess what they already have your speed so it doesnt matter whether you slow down or not.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are a waste of money cause once it bounces off your car guess what they already have your speed so it doesnt matter whether you slow down or not.
that thing lets you know from a good mile away... it will countdown.. 1-2-3-4-5 depending on how close you are to it...

trust me.. its not a waste of money. if its legal in your state.. get one.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that thing lets you know from a good mile away... it will countdown.. 1-2-3-4-5 depending on how close you are to it...

trust me.. its not a waste of money. if its legal in your state.. get one.
if your close enough or he's specifically guning for you... your screwed. radar travels faster than you could ever react to the detector going off... like it would matter anyways. they do however, give a warning buffer of up an coming radar signals. but the majority of cops won't gun constantly. they pick an choose. so basically he might be sitting just waiting, and your detector isn't picking up anything, he sees you... guns you... an its all over. he's got your speed before you ever had a chance to slow down. laser is the worse, I got nailed with that like 5 years ago.... only car on the road, mine went off... seen him sitting 1/4 mile down the road...sure s**t enough he nailed my speed that far away with it. 93 in a 65 zone = Ouch

just don't speed period, its the best detector you can't get. whether you speed or not you'll get there either way. most times speeding doesn't really get you there any faster. example... I travel 80 miles to pick up my boy, 30 miles into it someone will pass me doing like 80. I get to my destination and guess what...there he is stuck in front of me at a stop light.

soooo point being don't get one..dont speed..if you have to be somewhere leave earlier

civic09si

5+ Year Member
i dont speed to get somewhere faster then somewhere else. if i wanted to stay speed limit at all times why would i have spend 20k on a car in the first place..? why not just get a smart car??? i like to have fun. but hey if u like to travel the same speed as soccer moms, good for you- save your gas. i like to have fun on highways, doesnt mean i like to speed everytime im on the highway but sometimes it feels good

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont speed to get somewhere faster then somewhere else. if i wanted to stay speed limit at all times why would i have spend 20k on a car in the first place..? why not just get a smart car??? i like to have fun. but hey if u like to travel the same speed as soccer moms, good for you- save your gas. i like to have fun on highways, doesnt mean i like to speed everytime im on the highway but sometimes it feels good
its called being responsible, which oviously you are not...

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This guy has a 50,000 offer to any radar company where thewy get the cash if they can prove that their unit works..So far, no one has ever gotten the cash.

heres the link...
http://www.radarjammer.com/

But, 1 stupid speeding ticket can cost you insurance to go up, the fee of the ticket, and other hidden costs.. so it might be good to get one just to help you save ur butt from upcoming "good guys"

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your close enough or he's specifically guning for you... your screwed. radar travels faster than you could ever react to the detector going off... like it would matter anyways. they do however, give a warning buffer of up an coming radar signals. but the majority of cops won't gun constantly. they pick an choose. so basically he might be sitting just waiting, and your detector isn't picking up anything, he sees you... guns you... an its all over. he's got your speed before you ever had a chance to slow down. laser is the worse, I got nailed with that like 5 years ago.... only car on the road, mine went off... seen him sitting 1/4 mile down the road...sure s**t enough he nailed my speed that far away with it. 93 in a 65 zone = Ouch

just don't speed period, its the best detector you can't get. whether you speed or not you'll get there either way. most times speeding doesn't really get you there any faster. example... I travel 80 miles to pick up my boy, 30 miles into it someone will pass me doing like 80. I get to my destination and guess what...there he is stuck in front of me at a stop light.

soooo point being don't get one..dont speed..if you have to be somewhere leave earlier
you can say that and it sounds truthful but... i wouldnt wanna drive witout it.

i didnt get it so i could speed. on the roads where the limit is 50 or 60 on an open highway.. are you really going to follow the limit? driving 80 on an open road isnt dangerous when you've got all the space in the world. so thats why you need a radar. a peace of mind.