Radiator/Hose/Overheating question

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright fellas. I got a question for you. I just recently had my head gasket, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, spark plug gaskets, valve cover gasket all replaced. Also, while re-installing I had a Megan header installed. Tonight was the first night I actually took it out on the road. When I was backing in to the garage, I noticed it was steaming from the underside of the hood. right near where the radiator cap was. i felt both the upper and lower radiator hose, and they were both hot to the touch. should they both be hot to the touch?? or should only 1 be hot? i didn't notice any leaking radiator fluid like before, but it smelled like something was burning.

any clue what it might be? maybe the header until it gets driven on a bit? maybe a new radiator cap is in the future? any help is appreciated!

thanks.

CIVIC12345

5+ Year Member
the radiator top and bottom hoses should always be hot cause ur engine is running and a lot of heat is being transfered the top one is for ur header and bottom one is for ur thermostat when u touch them they will be hot to squeeze and regarding hising noise that probably ur old antyfreeze being burned of the header or exhaust cause when they replaced the head gasket they removed the hoses so antefreeze went allover the bottom of the car and oil maybe too so dont worry be happy and as long as ur temp gauge is in the middle ur good peace d00d hope this helps