radiator leak

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
posted in a thread where the OP had a radiator leak similar to mine but no one responded hence the new thread

Fixed the leak! Good thing I came here first right? The guys down the street were going to try and charge me $200 to install the radiator where as it took me about an hour and a half with no help. Thanks a lot guys!
I have a similar problem. i'm posting pictures of the leak and radiator itself. i think the radiator needs replacing unless you think i can fix the leak with hot glue?

leak itself: noticed small bubbles coming out. the reservoir didn't drop much nor did my car over heat (yet)

close up of the leak:

reservoir level:

how much did the radiator cost you? and where did you buy it? i'm not very good with fixing cars but from what i've read it doesn't seem too difficult.

I've been looking at these for replacement:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-96-97-99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-DEL-SOL-RADIATOR_W0QQitemZ250576440787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a57850dd3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-96-97-99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-DEL-SOL-RADIATOR_W0QQitemZ280461972980QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414cd615f4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-DEL-SOL-RADIATOR_W0QQitemZ180481667601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a058bb211

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Please don't use glue. It might get into the cooling system, especially when it looses solidity at higher temperatures, like those you might find on your car's radiator.

Best solution: new radiator from eBay for cheap, or new from autozone for about a hundred bucks. Or nicer, if you have the desire or the cash. Hour or two in install depending on how familiar you are with your engine bay. (Read: just drain your coolant before you begin and know how to use your socket wrench.)

Oh, and regardless of whatever radiator you go with, make sure to get matching hoses that will fit it. You'll need two: an upper and a lower. Available at your local parts dealer.

And, if it hasn't been done recently, go ahead and throw a new thermostat on there. Fairly inexpensive and most convenient to do while you're already in there replacing the radiator hoses.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Please don't use glue. It might get into the cooling system, especially when it looses solidity at higher temperatures, like those you might find on your car's radiator.

Best solution: new radiator from eBay for cheap, or new from autozone for about a hundred bucks. Or nicer, if you have the desire or the cash. Hour or two in install depending on how familiar you are with your engine bay. (Read: just drain your coolant before you begin and know how to use your socket wrench.)

Oh, and regardless of whatever radiator you go with, make sure to get matching hoses that will fit it. You'll need two: an upper and a lower. Available at your local parts dealer.

And, if it hasn't been done recently, go ahead and throw a new thermostat on there. Fairly inexpensive and most convenient to do while you're already in there replacing the radiator hoses.
x2, no glue, dont cheap out on that, just get a new rad , hoses, and thermostat