radio and clock problem!

olicy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my clock doesn't come on till my car is running and my cd player won't come on at all! anyone know the problem!

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
olicy said:
my clock doesn't come on till my car is running and my cd player won't come on at all! anyone know the problem!

is it an aftermarket radio...im assuming stock becuase of the way you said it but just wondeirng

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Way too vague. Could be a lot of things, hell my radio doesn't work unless it's over 40 degrees, then it works fine. For you it's probably a wiring issue.

olicy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no it an aftermarket cd player.

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
olicy said:
no it an aftermarket cd player.
\

It seems as though you have a wiring problem within the car. Usually the yellow wire is for the battery, illumination etc....mess around with those...Also check the fuses not just in the fuse box on the car but on the actual cd player. Alot of cd players have fuses built in.

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kdxrider9262 said:
\

It seems as though you have a wiring problem within the car. Usually the yellow wire is for the battery, illumination etc....mess around with those...Also check the fuses not just in the fuse box on the car but on the actual cd player. Alot of cd players have fuses built in.
I had the same problem. Blown fuse under the hood (7.5) and I was wired wrong. A quick rewire and new fuse later and I'm blastin' celtic punk everywhere I go!

Peace and Llove
Eric

olicy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just checked and my 7.5 (backup fuse) was blown! thanks man time to look for a short.

Amped_Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same problem... I went out and bought a new CD player!

DONT lol its just that you have blown and underhood fuse.

Its back next to the battery. change it out and everything will work again!