Radio Code HONDA-no help~

EM2HOTTIE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anybody know a free way to get codes without going to a Honda Dealership or having the previous owners information. I called Honda's customer service line and they said that I have to fax proof that I have the car or take it to a Honda Dealership to prove that it's in my possession. Quite frankly, I don't have time to go to a dealership, nor do I have access to a fax machine. If that's what I am going to end up having to do, then I will do it, I just don't want to have to go to a dealership to get this information. (I'll be tempted to lay down 3 grand on a car I already have haha!):roll:

Please help?

EDIT: I have checked inside the glove box, ashtray, even on the lid of my spark plugs, the radio code is nowhere to be found in my em2. I also do not have the Honda Maintenance information ( I hear it should be there) I do have the stereo serial number.

Last edited:

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
probably gonna have to go to the dealership

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
probably gonna have to go to the dealership
X2
Thats why it's a theft deterent radio. If that wasn't the case, stealing honda radios and selling them would be more tempting. They're just watching out for their customers. Take your registration to the dealer with your id so that they know its your car, and they will get you the code. Couldnt be easier. Just my 2cents.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the dealership... literally takes 5 minutes. the service advisor goes out.. .gets your radio id... looks it up and gives you the security code. less than 5 minutes if the dealership is empty. go in the evening... most service depts are open till 7pm

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
Isn't the code on the side of the glove box or sumthin? I bought a factory cd player off a guy that had a sticker on the side of his glove box to write down the code for me. Whether or not he put it there, I'm unsure of.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He probably put it there, Rocket.

MoMoney

5+ Year Member
Try this!

You can try this site:
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda

Create a user name and password, then enter your VIN number. Click off (or on) all the subscribe junk and you'll get to a window that tells you about applicable recalls and such on your model. One of the links I noticed said "Radio Code." I have my code so I didn't click it, but that may link you to it?

It's most likely worth a try!

Good luck

EM2HOTTIE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the dealership... literally takes 5 minutes. the service advisor goes out.. .gets your radio id... looks it up and gives you the security code. less than 5 minutes if the dealership is empty. go in the evening... most service depts are open till 7pm
I work from 2:30-11:30 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I guess I'll have to take a trip downtown on Saturday to get the code.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No dude, that's ridiculous. I'm a mobile installer and we do this stuff all the time. Just call up and tell them what's up. If they refuse to give it to you over the phone, call another dealership. Worst comes to worst, call Honda of America corp. I promise you don't have to go down to the dealer to get this done.

EM2HOTTIE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No dude, that's ridiculous. I'm a mobile installer and we do this stuff all the time. Just call up and tell them what's up. If they refuse to give it to you over the phone, call another dealership. Worst comes to worst, call Honda of America corp. I promise you don't have to go down to the dealer to get this done.
I called Honda of America Corp originally and they said because I'm not the registered owner of the car in their system I have to provide proof of ownership of the car. I'll call a local dealership and see what they say.

If I have to go in I'll do it for the sake of music!

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
my friend goes through this all the time call honda give them your vin# and they should tell you the code if you didnt steal the car lol it should work try it out in the morning and let us know

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you call the dealership, you will probably need the serial number. you can get this if you push and hold 1 and 6 on the faceplate and then turn the radio on. you will get a series of 8 numbers, 4 at a time and it will go back and forth a few times then turn off. copy those 8 digits down before you call.

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
if you call the dealership, you will probably need the serial number. you can get this if you push and hold 1 and 6 on the faceplate and then turn the radio on. you will get a series of 8 numbers, 4 at a time and it will go back and forth a few times then turn off. copy those 8 digits down before you call.

thanks i totally forgot that i dig old school hondas (4th gen) so i forget the newer stuff like that sometimes lol

do what he said

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
op just follow the instructions on the link i posted in the last page and you should be good to go

jorgeflop

5+ Year Member
look men this is exacly what you have to do''' i boght a civic and i did this just yesterday!!! call the commonwelth is a honda dealership''' heres the number 978-885-1660 and they are goin to just ask you for a code thats on your radio located on the bottom'' well mines was,,, so just give them that serial code and they wont even ask they'll just tell you the code for your radio!!!

EM2HOTTIE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the help you guys!

I got my radio on.

I tried calling dealerships...they all told me that I'm not the registered buyer on file. I got my EM2 from a Chevy dealership and I guess they didn't tell Honda that I bought it from them.

My waterheater went out so I ended up having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to let the guy in so I just ended up taking it to a dealership downtown.

Wednesday's usually have really wierd stuff happen when they come along to me. At least my radio is now working (and I have the code YAY!) and I was finally able to shower!
Noodles and Co. got my breakfast wrong but I had an extra few minutes, plus I got a free cookie out of it!

Once again, thanks for all the help. I appreciate it!