Radio Question

Justin Vercher

Hello everyone,

Just bought a 1991 civic and I'm curious if any one knows whether or not its possible to swap the positions of the climate control and radio. Looking to get a radio with a pop up touch screen display and I don't want to put it on the bottom if I don't have to.

Thanks for any input!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im pretty sure it wouldnt be difficult to do so. Why not just get a double-din radio?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
There is only space for a single din radio And I don't want to go through the hassle of making space for one. At least not yet.
maybe you can find a way to switch them. flip out above the climate control if that possible without doing major work.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
There also are some aftermarket radios that flip downwards instead of upwards. Keep that in mind too.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Yeah, looked at a few. Do you think they might get in the way of the gearshift if the screen is down?
I highly doubt it. Best way is to measure it out. See how big the screen is, measure it and see where it sits. Unless you got a shifter extender or something I doubt it would hit in any way.

whatttttt????????? i never seen that before flipout decks that flipout to the bottom
I've seen them on eBay before.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats not my image, but Ive seen a few with that set-up. Perhaps it takes a little cutting but I would rather have that over the mechanical screens that I feel make the dash look cluttered.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Thats not my image, but Ive seen a few with that set-up. Perhaps it takes a little cutting but I would rather have that over the mechanical screens that I feel make the dash look cluttered.
ohhh ok

The hole for the radio and hvac controls are not the same size, the controls would not fit in the radio slot without trimming.

You could also look into the optional console add on.
http://honda-tech.com/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/best-way-double-din-ef-civic-=-crx-dash-swap-2319160/
its kinda like when they had the other center console piece for the eg

Last edited by a moderator: