Radio works with key in ON(I) but not ON(II)

PatMart

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, so here's the situation.
I got a '95 Civic LX sedan (if it really matters) and my deck is giving me a headache and a half.
It's an older Pioneer, I'll get the model number later, I'm in class right now and I don't know it off hand.

Here's the deal.
When I put the key to accessory, the deck turns on and everything works fine. Now when I turn the car on, that's when nothing happens. The deck loses power and even my lighter plug-in loses power (had an iPod connector thing in it. Now as I drive along sometimes (maybe 1/2 the time) the deck will suddenly get power and start working, but then if I have to turn the car off and back on, I'm back to silent driving.

So my question is simply, does anyone know what the hell is going on? Is it a ground wire, power wire, or any wire. And if it is a power wire, how could I check to see if it's the car's power or the deck power. I wanna buy a touchscreen but if it's the car's wire itself and not the deck, then I am gonna hold off.

Any help will help.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check the fuses under the dash?

RonJ

Banned
The ACC terminal of your ignition switch in the ON(II) position may be bad. Here's how to test the switch:

PatMart

5+ Year Member
I hate to dig up an on post but my car is still doing this. I spliced the ground wire behind the wiring harness and ran it to a new ground and still same problem.

RonJ do you have anymore info for that diagram you posted, seems a little uninformative for me and I'm no car techie.