Rand0m camera question - help me out ***

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so for the guys that buy alot of camera gear (i.e. - ferio, todd, alex, etc...) my sister is looking to buy a 10-22mm & speedlight flash for her canon digital rebel....i dont buy that much gear, so i have no clue where to look to get the best price....she's been lining up some "gigs" for us, and she wants to kinda get her gear built up before we start shooting...

soooooo, if you have any favorite websites, or site that you know have good deals, and are reputable, let a brotha know

:puppyeyes

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so for the guys that buy alot of camera gear (i.e. - ferio, todd, alex, etc...) my sister is looking to buy a 10-22mm & speedlight flash for her canon digital rebel....i dont buy that much gear, so i have no clue where to look to get the best price....she's been lining up some "gigs" for us, and she wants to kinda get her gear built up before we start shooting...

soooooo, if you have any favorite websites, or site that you know have good deals, and are reputable, let a brotha know

:puppyeyes
i usually by most of my canon stuff from either bhphoto.com or photography-on-the.net in their 'for sale' threads, there's a ridiculous amount of equipment up for grabs all the time and 95% of them are in great condition and are sold for great prices.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys :thumbs up

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I buy all my gear from BHphoto.com

They're not always the cheapest, but you get consistent service.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ will keep that in mind....i know price wasnt her only deciding factor...being reputable and consumer friendly is a plus :thumbs up

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
there's only 2 you should use

www.bhphoto.com
www.bhphotovideo.com

luckily they both go to the same place

on top of their excellent customer service, they have incredible prices
it's widely considered one of if not the best store online

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I own both the 10-22 and some flashes, and I normally do bhphotovideo. Havent really found anywhere else that will get better pricing.

FYI the 10-22 is so wide angle that using a flash with it will create a really bad vignette.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ yeah....she had a friend that had a 10-22 w/ a speedlight, and i guess it has a small piece that slides out and clips over the flash, which SUPPOSEDLY helps reduce that.... :what:

anyways, thanks for all the feedback....i'll be letting her know :thumbs up

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ yeah....she had a friend that had a 10-22 w/ a speedlight, and i guess it has a small piece that slides out and clips over the flash, which SUPPOSEDLY helps reduce that.... :what:

anyways, thanks for all the feedback....i'll be letting her know :thumbs up
That's the flash diffuser, and more or less just makes the light spread out more than directly in front of it. Not get super wide.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ thanks for the info bro :thumbs up

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member