Not open for further replies.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not to me lol.

either way, what ever makes the file size 35kb and below and what ever file extension you wish.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna make a thread explaining my problem and get 150 people to sign it to get the size upped to 40kb. keeping the 100x500 the same.

i think thats more than reasonable.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right, make a poll, i will do my best to keep BS posts out. as i would like to see something done about this whole situation(plus its my duty as a mod)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, its been a minute since i requested a sig. the way my car look on my sig is the way it currently looks. so eh.. its works. lol

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
signs petition or both avatar and sig bumps lol. i think mine were way to large though based on save style.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think a poll would be better, i dont think it would get locked as quick

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why do people care about signatures and avatars so much? Is it the new cool thing to do these days? I used MSPaint for my sig. It looks like s**t but I'm happy with it. I could care less for this stuff. I don't see what the big hype is about pictures on a forum. If you think about it, up'ing it up 5kb for a couple hundred members adds up after a while. I didn't think about it like that until EJ6Civic27 put it in those words. Maybe Jay Jay doesn't have the server space and is trying to conserve. Maybe he has his own reasons.

It's just mind boggling to me how people care THAT much about a stupid picture. Not hating on the thread but it's just mind boggling to me...

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do people care about signatures and avatars so much? Is it the new cool thing to do these days? I used MSPaint for my sig. It looks like s**t but I'm happy with it. I could care less for this stuff. I don't see what the big hype is about pictures on a forum. If you think about it, up'ing it up 5kb for a couple hundred members adds up after a while. I didn't think about it like that until EJ6Civic27 put it in those words. Maybe Jay Jay doesn't have the server space and is trying to conserve. Maybe he has his own reasons.

It's just mind boggling to me how people care THAT much about a stupid picture. Not hating on the thread but it's just mind boggling to me...
let it happen to you after the sig has been there for 3+ years and you get an infraction for it. It pisses me off. Its not because of the sig, i could care less about it. I just think that the reprocussions should be stepped. I was 1.4kb over the limit, and rules unknown to me, i got an infraction.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
let it happen to you after the sig has been there for 3+ years and you get an infraction for it. It pisses me off. Its not because of the sig, i could care less about it. I just think that the reprocussions should be stepped. I was 1.4kb over the limit, and rules unknown to me, i got an infraction.
Sorry to sound like a d**k in this thread but then that's your fault. Rules are posted for a reason. Jay Jay didn't state rules and them make them invisible so everyone that joined had to guess what the rules were. They're there. They're not in magic marker.

It seems like sometimes, the CC staff slacks. It happens to everyone. Especially if no one says anything about it. If no one talks, no one cares. Then all of a sudden people b***h that they lost their avatars / signatures because a moderator felt like doing his / her job? How is that their fault? They're just enforcing the rules.

guerra

5+ Year Member
Yeah some file types are alot smaller its wierd.. Never really tried to make a cool picture sig though I'm not too good with those photoshopping programs. :what:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Coming from a guy whos sig is huge as f**k.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Coming from a guy whos sig is huge as f**k.
Sigh.... Another guy who doesn't read the rules I guess...

ClubCivic Rules & Guidelines said:
10. We understand that people like to express their creativity by having signature images using snippets of their car, and or various other images. In fact there are even many threads in our photography area discussing how to make them or even members offering to make them for you. The only thing we ask is that you refrain from including anything not work-safe, and that you keep it limited to one image sized 500 X 100 (or smaller) (no larger than 35k). We also ask that you limit your avatar size to 100 X 100 (no larger than 15k), failure to do so will result in it being removed without a warning. Any signature image that is created to mock another member or the staff, or signatures that are created with a disrespectful tone will be removed and may result in warnings and or banning.
Right click my sig and go to Properties. What does the dimensions say?

Status
Not open for further replies.