ranting on Stupid people

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know how it is in other cities and states but here in Spartanburg, SC, I have found that alot of people are stupid. Why can't I drive down the road without some idiot trying to race me. I work at the mall in spartanburg and on friday and saturday night the road that runs beside the mall is the "cruising strip". This happens every week and it is getting old. I leave work to go home. I get to the mall exit and all of sudden I feel surrounded by idiots. As soon as i get on the main road people pull up rattling the s**t out of their trunks with ridicoulous (spell check) systems and start reving their engines at me. These people are idiots for racing on the streets in the first place and secondly it makes them look like retards. Why cant people just grow up and fix up their cars for them selfs and not to "show everyone who is the king of the road".

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This happens everywhere

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
x2, i get it ALL the time.
mostly from 4th geners for some reason.
Now that I really think about it. Most of time it is a 4th gen or for some reason a scion :what:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People in Ft Worth cannot negotiate a double left turn lane. :hitlol:

They just can't. :what:

The person in the inside lane always sweeps as wide as possible to the far right and the person in the outside lane always pulls to the far left lane.

Some guy in a silver 7th gen Civic coupe did it to me last week. I was in the far left-left turn lane and he was next to me in the other left turn lane. The light turns green and I go from the far left to the far left lane. He almost hits my passenger side door and then starts wailing on the horn, screaming, and gesturing frantically at me. I don't know where in the hell he thought I should have gone. The next lane over to my left was for traffic going the opposite direction.

Oh, and the people that rev on me are usually V6 Mustangs or Grandammits.

And not even Exploder 4.0 V6 Mustangs either. Rattly old hooptie 140 hp V6 Mustangs.

Always with the Grandammits. :roll: Yeah, my car is about 200lbs more but I have 50 more hp and 2 more gears.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome...haven't noticed you yet on here...I am from the Greer area, but I agree with you...that spot in town is pretty bad...also there are a bunch of kids out from the schools nearby that hang out at the mall on fri/sat nights...

BTW: Hit me up through PM, and maybe we can meet up one day...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
this is completely unrelated but Im going to rant anyway. My 97 civic got stolen last month, cops found it stripped in some project housing 2 weeks later. Anyways I brought it to the same shop I have before for body work. They said it would be $3300 to fix everything and I should have it back by 9/22. It is now 9/24 I have no ETA on my car and they have modified the estimate 4 times and added 700 bucks worth of parts...not sure what to think

:shock: :evil:

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is completely unrelated but Im going to rant anyway. My 97 civic got stolen last month, cops found it stripped in some project housing 2 weeks later. Anyways I brought it to the same shop I have before for body work. They said it would be $3300 to fix everything and I should have it back by 9/22. It is now 9/24 I have no ETA on my car and they have modified the estimate 4 times and added 700 bucks worth of parts...not sure what to think

:shock: :evil:
i'd complain. they can't change the estimate that drastically. you can actually sue for that i think

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's actually kind of quiet in my area, lynnwood washington. or it's just my car doesn't look fast enough for anyone to try and race me maybe since i'm not lowered, i just got lights and a mugen lip. but everyone in washington knows, if your going to do illegal street racing it's in kent, so i don't think anyone bothers to try. it's funny though. when i have my 61 skylark drag car out on the road by pacific international raceways, everyone tries to race me. this thing is tubbed, no lights, stripped interior, plexyglass windows, and it's not even street legal with the slicks on the back, i don't know why imports even try. it's an 11.7 1/4 mile car.
people are stupid though around here. don't know how to stay in the lanes, or they cut you off than give you the finger when they honk

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kids down here are like that. some kid in focus kept doing it on the way home from the track last night. i just said f**k it and smoked his ass and he still tried to race me again. so i beat his ass 3 times before he finally stops pulling up beside me and just staring. didnt even let me honk it off he would just wait till i looked over and floor it lol

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some big hemi, truck pulled up next to me yesterday and when the light turned green, he burned around 3 gallons of gas and blew in front of me.

i just pulled out at a normal speed and when i passed him later i pointed to my "30+MPG" sticker. ;)

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'd complain. they can't change the estimate that drastically. you can actually sue for that i think
Really, I will certainly look into that further...I thought this was a reliable place but that belief has certainly been tested, any idea on how to do that or do I ask an attorney?

And J_Uhrig87 I have family in Seattle and Kent and I have definitely seen street racing out there...alot of undercover cops as a result

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Once again I cant escape it. I am sitting in my car this morning at the gas station about to head to work. A 4th gen accord pullls up. (decked out in body kit, decals, nasty rims, and crazy huge wing) He looks over in my direction and starts revving up his engine like he is the s**t. I just back out shaking my head in disappointment.

Also thanks for the mini thread jack. :shocked2: jk dont really care.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I drove my civic the other day without the bumper on (too lazy to put on), I guess people don't know the difference between a radiator and a FMIC. I got reved at by a Colbat SS, 5.0 Mustang, and another 7th gen Civic.

It was cool, they all got a thumbs down.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Once again I cant escape it. I am sitting in my car this morning at the gas station about to head to work. A 4th gen accord pullls up. (decked out in body kit, decals, nasty rims, and crazy huge wing) He looks over in my direction and starts revving up his engine like he is the s**t. I just back out shaking my head in disappointment.
CB7s. :rolf:

Even I gotta' respect the F22 for it's durability but it's not exactly a powerhouse.

There are just too many of them rolling around with really loud, really horrible sounding 3A"Racing Beat' muffler welded on to a leaky original exhaust, huge ass Batmobile wing, Toucan and APC stickers, mismatched wheels and tires, manually shifting their automatics and revving at everything in sight.

And it's not even the SOHC vtec F or an H swap. You never hear them go onto the big intake lobes and you should be able to with the Spectre SRI and leaky exhaust they're running

They usually leave my Mazda alone. But the CB7 Ricers love to rev on me when I'm driving my wife's PT Cruiser.

I don't know why.:what: It's a little quieter than an SRT/4 but it's still the same damn engine. It's definitely a lot more snarly and mean sounding than a regular N/A PT.

It's never anyone in a tasteful 4g Accord. It's always someone in the cheesiest, riciest piece of s**t CB7:Devil: