Rattle @ 2600-3000 rpm & 50 mph

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like the title says, when the rpm is around 2600-3000, there is a rattling sound that seems to come from the center console. It doesn't matter what gear I am in, the rattle is constant at the listed rpm. I drive a 99 Civic Si with a B18C1 engine and transmission swap. I think it might be something with the exhaust.

i am open to any suggestions or help whatsoever. Thanks in advance

-Dominick

James315

The discription is a little vague but thats do to not physically being able to hear it but could be exhaust check the hangers under the car for any boken or lose ones and also check your motor mounts. Could be heatshields too.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right at crusin speeds huh?

I had a similar problem in my 95 coupe, and it was just some interior pieces that were loose and needed to be tightened down

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The discription is a little vague but thats do to not physically being able to hear it but could be exhaust check the hangers under the car for any boken or lose ones and also check your motor mounts. Could be heatshields too.
I'm sorry. I can provide some more info if need be. I'm not sure what else to include though. I due think it has to do with the heatshields. I have Innovative steel motor mounts. Not sure if that helps, but it's something.

Right at crusin speeds huh?

I had a similar problem in my 95 coupe, and it was just some interior pieces that were loose and needed to be tightened down
Yea man. I checked all my interior pieces and everything in nice and flush/tight where they should be. I can't cruise without that rattling so its become a hassle to drive.