Ravelco Revisited

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
by the grace of God my stolen Civic was recovered in relatively good shape.... Needless to say my ignorance will not go in vain and I am looking into security now.... I know there are some threads on the Ravelco anti-theft device but not in a few years,
does anyone have one?
any stories about them or people getting them hooked up?
they claim 0 thefts since the origin of the company?
anything better on the market?

Thanks guys

QzFiNeST107

damn everybodies car is getting stolen wtf
im scared for mine, i dont know what i would do

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow that looks like a pretty awesome product, i would go for it. I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
it looks good but i cant find anyone who has it....i mean its a little pricey but it looks pretty fool proof from everything but a flatbed but still NO ONE has it on here?

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
off topic but... DUDE Qzfinest that is the SICKEST custom Sirius install I have ever seen...... I have the same Starmate

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive considered getting it. the only thing that troubles me is that sometimes my car has problems turning on...so how will you ever know if its a problem with the ravelco wiring or some other electrical wiring if somethings happens and your car has problems starting. becomes a lot of s**t to troubleshoot.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
that's true about the wiring.... I don't know....

they quoted me at $350 installed (with a student discount) which doesnt seem too bad

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's true about the wiring.... I don't know....

they quoted me at $350 installed (with a student discount) which doesnt seem too bad
interesting. i thought it had a standard price at around 260 or something like that. check their website. www.ravelco.com i think

hannibalhekki

cuz i like to eat!
5+ Year Member
bump i want more info. if there are no local dealers can i get it shipped here and installed by like best buy or something??

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my opinion of ravelco

an overglorified kill switch juntion

there isnt anything on that system that you couldn't build youreself with a few relays.

an alarm system in my opinion is something that is electronically controlledso you have a ravelco. Hey great they took all your stuff

my alarm system will let me know when someone is standing near my car at 3 in the morning

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but its been proven that well hidden installed kill switches are more efficient than alarms.

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
my opinion of ravelco

an overglorified kill switch juntion

there isnt anything on that system that you couldn't build youreself with a few relays.

an alarm system in my opinion is something that is electronically controlledso you have a ravelco. Hey great they took all your stuff

my alarm system will let me know when someone is standing near my car at 3 in the morning
good point but where I live I'm not as concerned about a breakin, alright they took my cheap ass head unit, and I'm more worried about someone being able to start my car.... thats my biggest point, but I appreciate the input cause I'm thinking keypad now cause its quite a bit cheaper $100 to $350

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had ravelco on my gsr and i have it on my hatch ........... best upgrade u can get, i saw the installer ( cool guy) install it for 3 hours......it is deffinately not a kill switch! much more complicated then that, and every install is done a lil different. if u go to honda tech there is a guy with a itr that had 3 attempts on his car and nobody couldnt defeat ravelco

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
word ^^ finally someone who has it...... it seems pretty good compared to some other stuff, I think it's probably worth the $$$

h2b-ek

5+ Year Member
Im getting mine installed on Sunday. I just got my EK yesterday, so this is the first upgrade i'm doing=)

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is any of their work guaranteed? what the f**k do u do if some s**t goes bad and u cant turn your car on.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it looks good but i cant find anyone who has it....i mean its a little pricey but it looks pretty fool proof from everything but a flatbed but still NO ONE has it on here?
It's not foolproof.

I've only had one client with a ravelco....It wasn't too damn difficult to figure out.

Since most of it is wired under the hood, it would be a little more time consuming. I will admit that it is vastly superior to the "plug the chip into the slot under the dash" variety. Those are a sad little joke

I get around their "chip" cousins in a few seconds. Then again, all I do all day at work is find constant, find switched ign, and find starter wire. I know the wire colors for most cars before I even pull the knee bolster.

Most Hondas are:
White: constant +
Black/Yellow: Ign
Black/White: starter

Hondas have such beautiful big 10 gauge wire too...so easy to work with and find